VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I've been using GomPlayer v2.1.9 for the past few months and it worked great. Now all of a sudden it won't play DVD's I've recorded on my DVD recorder (Pioneer) if I they were recorded in EP or LP mode. I will see horizontal lines as if the horizontal sync is screwed up (if you can remember back to the old TV days). GOM works fine when playing an SP video, just not LP or EP. My Intervideo player can play the DVD's just fine and so can my other machine that is using GOM.

I tried uninstalling and re-installing GOM, but the problem persists.

Any idea on how to fix it?

TIA
    Brent
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've never used gomplayer so I can't comment specifically on it. However a general rule of thumb is to check for an updated version of the player from its website.
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes, I've downloaded the latest version, uninstalled the previous version, and installed the new version. There is no joy in Mudville.

GOM played the same videos fine for months, but now playing DVD's recorded in EP/LP mode are now just scrambled horizontal lines (SP works fine). Another video player plays the same DVD just fine, and GOM works on another machine just fine with the same DVD. I would have thought uninstalling and re-installing would have fixed the problem.

Turning down my video hardware accelerator seems to get it to work for a while. Maybe it was caused by a MS update I took?

Brent
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    For me i had the same problem now. I never updated Windows before, but after few updates GOM doesnt play any kind of video. I ll try to update it to SP3 or deinstall the latest updates so.
    Quote Quote  
  5. GOM has also stopped playing EP recorded DVD's on my other computer. So it must be some sort of update that caused the problem. It will still play SP recorded videos that I made on my video recorder, just not EP DVD's. It must be some sort of codec problem. I'm not willing to uninstall the Windows updates because I need the security patches. So I'll look for another player I guess. Too bad because GOM was quite good.

Brent
    Quote Quote  
  6. The only solution is to disable hardware acceleration for Direct Draw and Direct 3D. I have the latest ATI drivers for my ATI 9000 card. With acceleration turned down, GomPlayer plays the EP & LP DVD's just fine.
    Quote Quote