VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I can't get any version of 4K Video Downloader to work on my Win 10 Pro x64 (v. 1909) machine.

It works fine (including the latest update to 4.13.2) on Win 7; I've been using it with no problem for over a year.

My Win 10 Pro x64 machine is an Intel NUC 8i3BEH (Intel i3-8109U) with 8gb RAM, a Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 SSD (500gb), and Intel Iris Plus 655 graphics. The monitor is an Eizo Foris FS FS2333.

I've tried the .msi installer and the zip versions, 64 and 32 bit, of the latest and several earlier versions. The result is always the same: The installation doesn't indicate any problem. However, when I try to launch the program, either through the desktop icon or clicking the .exe file in the installation folder, nothing happens; the program simply doesn't open.

On the NUC I have Norton Security, MalwareBytes, and Windows Defender. I've added the program to Norton's firewall rules, but that didn't change anything, and, so far, I haven't been able to get to the point where I can even test whether downloading is possible: as I've written, it simply doesn't open.

What I find strange is that the program "Process Explorer" seems to indicate that the program is running!

Does anyone have an idea what the problem might be? I've searched but haven't found anything on the web that looks similar, so I guess it must be my machine, but I can't begin to guess where the problem might lie.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try the compatibility mode. Right click on the executable, properties, set compatibility to Windows 7
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ProWo View Post
    Try the compatibility mode. Right click on the executable, properties, set compatibility to Windows 7
    Thanks very much for your reply.

I tried compatibility mode as you suggested, but it didn't fix the problem.

The good news is that I've found an alternative. It's called 3DYouTube Downloader, and it worked right "out of the box".

My plan is to stick with 4K Video Downloader on my Win 7 machines and use the other one on Win 10.

As far as I'm concerned, this case is closed.
    Lenovo ThinkStation P520, Xeon W2135; Win10Pro x64, 64Gb RAM; RadeonPro WX7100W; NEC PA301W, NEC PA272W, and Eizo MX270W.
    Quote Quote