VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry if this is in the wrong section, so mods please move if so ...

Anyway I am having a few problems when playing a BD that I have created in my stand alone Sony unit. I am using this guide http://brothers_grim.webs.com/bd/index.html and using a BD-RE (25GB) disc. Now I have used the disc a few times without any issues but the last few films I’ve done when I have come to play them on the Sony unit the films are very pixelated and unwatchable but when I play the disc in my PC using Power DVD its perfect.

Is it the disc or is it something else?

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone???
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No one have any idea???
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Following on from this I have now discovered that its not the disks I have been using as I have created the specific movies again on 2 new disks.

The 2 movies in question seem to be fine. The mkv files are fine and the resulting m2ts file in the STREAM folders are also fine as these play on my PC. Also the 2 disks with the movies on play perfectly in the PC.

Anyone have any ideas where the problem could lie.

- Disk
    - Sony Blu Ray Player
    - Files being burnt onto the disks

Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ........overly sensitive Blu-Ray player, maybe? That's my guess, see if you can find another Blu-Ray player to test the disk on.
    Got my retirement plans all set. Looks like I only have to work another 5 years after I die........
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by racer-x
    ........overly sensitive Blu-Ray player, maybe? That's my guess, see if you can find another Blu-Ray player to test the disk on.
    Thanks, thats an idea.

I have actually got hold of a different version of 1 of the movies and put it on the same BD-RE and it played a treat so its either something to do with the actual files or something like the above.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I have the exact same problem when converting MKV to Blu-ray and playing them back on my Sony BDP-350 player. Although, we also have a Samsung 1500 player and the movie plays pefectly. So it must be an issue with the Sony. Reminds me of when certain players could only play DVD-R or +R.

Another problem I've encountered is for some movies they actually do play fine in the Sony, but the aspect ratio gets stretched when it shouldn't. The black horizontal bars are missing, again the Samsung plays it no problem with the correct aspect.

Any suggestions? Perhaps some settings somewhere in the convert process I could try?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Update:

I tried converting an MKV file to Blu-ray using RipBot. I burned it to a blank BD-RE disc and it played perfect is both players!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks dvddemon I will try RipBot for any future problems.

Speaking of which I have just created a new BD (using method at top) and when I play in my Sony BDP-350 the picture is mirrored down the middle but it plays fine in my PC.

There has to be issues with this Sony unit. Will try RipBot for this film to find out.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    TsMuxerGUI is better for authoring mkv straight to blu-ray as long as the resolution is compliant,if not i found megui best to re-encode in case the resolution wasn't compliant.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote