VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Where is it at $89.00 ? I see this mentioned occaisionaly, but when I look it is always at $99.99.

Can someone do a screen cap for me? LOL.
    Quote Quote  
  2. edit: price back to 99.99 now.

they were 89.99 yesterday, i swear! perhaps it was one of those one day price mark downs. these memorex discs at amazon really fluctuate price a lot. just keep checking back! of course, 99.99 is still a great price, the best i've yet to find on 8x inkjet printables in particular.

i'm reasonably certain if you email customer service that you noticed the price had dropped $10 and you very recently placed an order that they will give you the discounted price. at least, if you send them a courteous email it's worth a try.
    Quote Quote  
  3. yep, 89.99 yesterday and 99.99 today.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dag nab it !! LOL. I just ordered a set +R on Tuesday and they got mailed out yesterday (Thursday). $10.00 is not that much , but if I order 10 times then its a good amount!
    Quote Quote  
  5. If i may add here my personal experiences,i 'd like to say that things aren't so easy as "CMC sucks" or the other is good.Much also depends on burner brand and firmware.

I burnt 10 Verbatim DVD-R 4x MCC (Mitsubishi Chemicals).3 Coasters.Not only,from the rest,Kprobe indicates one has PI 400 another is at the limits,about 280.I mean as stable,not as singular spike.

I 've burnt 20 Memorex DVD-R 4x CMC,not only had no coaster but KProbe shows they are MUCH better burnt.

Also since i 've upgraded the firmware ,the Verbatims have improved.I use Pioneer 107D.

I also burnt till now 1 Memorex DVD+R (MOSER BAER INDIA),so have in mind that not all are RICOHS and i 'd say it's even better.

I use a Liteon 166S for Kprobe ,i know it's not a burner,but still does what the burner does,reads,and i have reason to beleive that if not in absolute figures,at least can show RELATIVELY the quality between media burnt.At the same way that while i get up to 80 PI with CMC , i got 700 PI with AN31 media(Datawrite Red V2)

And note: 1 Verbatim costed 3 Euros (10 piecesspindle)
    1 Memorex 1,30 Euros (10 pieces spindle)

Tomorrow i m getting more Memorex.they are the only cheap and decenf media i find here.(without buying from internet)
    Quote Quote  
  6. Just a sidenote.CMC had the reputation of making crappy media in CD-R too.Actually it was true that many unknown brands were CMC or Princo made.

BUT,at the same time,there were also Verbatims in jewel cases that were CMCs(Made in Mexico) and i was getting about 90 score in Nero CD quality test.Taiyo Yudens were getting 95,but i could live with 90 too.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I'll just copy and paste what I did in another thread... sorry bout the junking out of this thread,,,
    __________________________________________________ _________
    I have almost went though my whole spindle of 100 and plan on getting this deal again. Only had 4 bad burns (but they were all in a row due to the fact that my computer's Secondary IDE would only do PIO mode...I kept trying to do things on my computer while I was burning and the burns kept failing. Reinstalled IDE..and burning was fine once again in DMA. 1 out of every 10 I would say has a little skip "somewhere" in the movie. Usually for less than a second.)

Amazon is the chapest place I have found the Printable ones. It is very important to me though, because I print on all of mine.
    __________________________________________________ _________

update: Officially through the 100 spindle. Upgraded my firmware and the past 20 I burned were PERFECT burns (no skips anywhere through the DVD AT ALL). I'd have to admit, the +R's seems like the winner in this deal. The -R's however, are like Jax said..very "iffy" from what it seams.
    Quote Quote  
  8. I burned almost 200 of Memorex printable 4x+R. They all came out perfect. I used both (Memorex) CMC and Ricoh (over 500 discs not printable), they are all the same to me, no coaster. I saw some 4x TDK burned at only 2.4x that's why I don't like TDK. Note that I only use +R format and my burner are NEC 1100A. I don't know anything about -R format. To me, Memorex is the best media for +R format now.
    Quote Quote  
  9. They are on sale for $89 on amazon today.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Dat, you should check the media ID. TDK +R and Memorex +R media these days is more and more the same CMC stuff - no difference between them. Even Verbatim is now more and more CMC.

Some burners appear to like CMC, and NEC should be one of them. Plextor usually doesn't like CMC.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe compusa will have theirs on sale for $99.00. u pay tax, but you dont need to wait on them. Best deal going on these (only deal really) printables in a walk in store.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Dang, these suckers are down to $84.99 now !! Get these quick at this price because compusa has theirs on sale for one week and when its over their price will go back up and subsequently so will Amazon's price.
    Quote Quote  
  13. 89.99 currently, really great price!
    Quote Quote  
  14. i need to buy some more of these, can anyone who recently purchased them (last week or two) confirm that these are still RICOHJPN discs? thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  15. Dampier,
    You are right, I have Nec 1100A and I never have a coaster or problem with memorex CMC but I had one with TDK. The TDK does not burn after write lead-in.
    Scopophilia,
    I just received a new box within a week, they are still Ricoh. I want to try prodisc because it can print to the hub. Anyone tried Prodisc before and how is it?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  16. not true fslove i have bought memorex 4x media made by cmc and nothing but coasters,,have even bought memorex 4x media made by cmc that my dvd burner at the time would not even recognize and that was a nec 1300a and they were purchased from best buy
    Quote Quote  
  17. I have a question.

How do you print on these damn things?

I'm assuming you cannot load a DVD into your printer.

Anyone care to explain the obvious to me?
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'm assuming you cannot load a DVD into your printer.

Why do you assume that?

Epson R-200

Less than $100 US
    Quote Quote  
  19. price break on these, they are now 85.49
    Quote Quote  
  20. I bought these exact ones from Amazon I still have about half of them left - they are CRAP. I am checking with DVDinfopro now and it says they are ProdiscS03. All of them have either failed to burn or have successfully burned but afterwards I checked and they have hard errors (I realized this after I thought the ones that burned successfully were good and tried to watch one - skipped really bad then froze completely).

I'm going to take the recommendations of the users on this board and the ratings in the "media" sections of this site and go with ritek.
    Quote Quote