VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm working on Jayce and the Wheeled Warriors. The source is very nasty and there is a lot of jagged lines throughout. I am using Staxrip. The source is 29.97 NTSC when ran through DGIndex. I've tried yadifmod2(order=1,mode=1), yadifmod2(order=1,mode=1,edeint=nnedi3(field=3)), IVTC, and QTGMC on medium settings and interlaced. None of these help with the issue. Can you take a look at the source and tell me if I'm wasting my time or not? I have been getting the best results using yadif, when I use QTGMC it makes black lines look really bad as where yadif leaves them alone.

https://mega.nz/#!BZE0lIBK!bLCW8BtC6gKO0LuCG3NpVw0FnwsrHmrp6G7DWH9nnAU

[Attachment 51516 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 51517 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    try:
    tfm().tdecimate()
    QTGMC( Preset="Slower", InputType=1 )

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/QTGMC#Progressive_Input
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by davexnet; 17th Jan 2020 at 18:07.
    Quote Quote  
  3. The source is progressive so you don't need to field match. And the aliasing is so bad I decided to use InputType=2. But even InputType=2 doesn't fix the blue stuff at the beginning.

TDecimate(Mode=1)
    QTGMC(Preset="Slower",InputType=2)
    Quote Quote  
  4. I start with something like this:

Code:
    Mpeg2Source("Jayce.d2v", CPU2="ooooxx", Info=3) 
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    nnedi3(dh=true)
    Merge(SelectEven(), SelectOdd())
    QTGMC(InputType=2)
    TDecimate()
    Quote Quote  
  5. Were the jagged lines in the source video as well?
    If not, use a better capture device.
    If so, good luck - no idea.
    Quote Quote  
  6. BTW, telecined video was poorly deinterlaced leading to all the jaggy edges and duplicate frame every 5th frame. Then the crappy progressive frames were encoded interlaced for DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I start with something like this:

Code:
    AssumeTFF()
    SeparateFields()
    nnedi3(dh=true)
    QTGMC(InputType=2)
    TDecimate()
    I just tried this and the video came out much better than the options I tried. I'm currently running manono's method to see how it comes out. I will use davexnet's method after that. babygdav, yes, the source is awful. It's from DVD and not a TV capture. Mill Creek isn't known for quality. Thanks everyone for their input. I'll report later on how things turn out.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Good morning all, I'm wanna try tackling the aliasing with Santiag, and I need GScript for that. When I load the script it tells me I can't load a 32bit into my 64 avisynth. I've been searching for a 64bit dll for GScript and I can't find it. Is there something I can do to make the 32bit work or do I need a 64bit one? If you have a link for the 64bit download will you post it please. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  9. The version of Santiag() I have doesn't require GScript().

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Santiag
    http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1393006#post1393006

I haven't seen a 64 bit version of GScript().
    Quote Quote  
  10. I have v1.6 too. It must have been a syntax issue, but I just loaded my script and I didn't get the GScript dll error.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Can someone explain to me why the FPS output changes on 2 different video files (episodes) from the same DVD. I'm using this
    TFM(mChroma=true,clip2 = A2)
    TDecimate(cycleR=1,cycle=5) <------ testing from another thread I was reading

One outputs 23.97 and the other wants to output 19.18 fps. I'm assuming it's cycleR=1 causing the difference, but why is it only doing it to one of the videos?

DGIndex says they are both progressive 29.97 with Honor Pulldown flags selected and with Force Film selected it shows 23.97 and I don't see any combing.
    I use Staxrip to create my .d2v file and I add in whatever else for my script.
    AS I'm typing this I'm trying to go back and think of my process and I just thought of something. I'm using DVDDecrypter in IFO Mode to split the episodes, I think each VOB has 2 episodes and I'm splitting them into individual episodes. Maybe that is causing the problem? What do you think?

Edit: This one outputs 23.97
    [Field Operation None, using flags]
    [GOP: closed]
    [Clip is TFF]
    0 [I]: 0,0,1....................3
    1 [B]: 1,2......................0 *
    2 [B]: 2,3,3....................1 *
    3 [P]: 4,4......................2 *
    4 [B]: 5,5,6....................3 *
    5 [B]: 6,7......................0 *
    6 [P]: 7,8,8....................1 *
    7 [B]: 9,9......................2 *
    8 [B]: 10,10,11.................3 *
    9 [P]: 11,12....................0 *

This one outputs 19.18

[Forced Film, ignoring flags]
    [GOP: closed]
    [Clip is TFF]
    0 [B]: 0,0......................3
    1 [B]: 1,1......................0 *
    2 [I]: 2,2......................1 *
    3 [B]: 3,3......................2 *
    4 [B]: 4,4......................3 *
    5 [P]: 5,5......................0 *
    6 [B]: 6,6......................1 *
    7 [B]: 7,7......................2 *
    8 [P]: 8,8......................3 *
    9 [B]: 9,9......................0 *
    10 [B]: 10,10...................1 *
    11 [P]: 11,11...................2 *
    Last edited by SD70ACEJM; 31st Jan 2020 at 08:32.
    Quote Quote  
  12. What source filter are you using? It may be that one of the videos uses hard pulldown and the other soft pulldown. Or, if you used DgIndex and Mpeg2Source() you used honor pulldown flags on one, and force film on the other.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    What source filter are you using? It may be that one of the videos uses hard pulldown and the other soft pulldown. Or, if you used DgIndex and Mpeg2Source() you used honor pulldown flags on one, and force film on the other.
    I loaded both of the d2v files in DGIndex and you are correct. One is Honor and the other is Forced. Staxrip must have done this on it's own. I will manually create my own d2v file.
    Thanks again for being there for us jagabo
    Quote Quote  
  14. If anyone has time. I've been experimenting with TNLMeans(Ax=4, Ay=4, Az=0, h=4.0) and #KNLMeansCL(d=2, a=4, s=4, h=0.4, channels="Y", stacked=false, device_type="GPU")
    and TNLMeans does a better job. Is there another Denoiser out there that does as good as a job as TNLMeans that is faster? I'm getting 2.95fps with TNL and 12fps with KNL.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Try

Code:
    AssumeTFF()
    TDecimate()
    nnedi3(field=-2)
    QTGMC(InputType=2)
    dehalo_alpha(rx=3.0, ry=1.0)
    hqdn3d()
    FastLineDarkenMod()
    aWarpSharp(depth=5)
    That gives you some more stuff to play with.
    Quote Quote  
  16. I'm working on some PAL sources and I'm trying to use qtgmc and srestore. When I load my script I keep getting an error called AVSPLUSVERSIONNUMBER. It says it's on line 66 of the text I copied the from the wiki. Do you have any suggestions? I have avisynth+ installed and this is the filename AviSynthPlus-MT-r2772
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by SD70ACEJM View Post
    I'm working on some PAL sources and I'm trying to use qtgmc and srestore. When I load my script I keep getting an error called AVSPLUSVERSIONNUMBER. It says it's on line 66 of the text I copied the from the wiki. Do you have any suggestions? I have avisynth+ installed and this is the filename AviSynthPlus-MT-r2772
    You have a version conflict. I was eventually able to fix this by updating my filters but I don't remember which one(s). There's another workaround you can use in the mean time -- add "global AVSPLUSVERSIONNUMBER = 0" at the top of your script.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Thanks again jagabo, it worked. I had to remove the parenthesis.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Do you have a link I can read that tells me how to properly format my script. I want to make sure I'm not putting my denoiser before my sharpener, my crop below my color correction ect... I've been reading this page http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Main_Page and I can't find the info I'm looking for.

I've also been experimenting with denoisers and i can't find anything that cleans up video as much as KNLMeansCL.
    Last edited by SD70ACEJM; 1st Mar 2020 at 14:52.
    Quote Quote