VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am at my wits end trying to get this to work. I have linked my computer to receiver using a splitter plugged into spkr. output. One side goes to computer spkrs. (they work just fine). The other side of splitter goes to AUX input of Insignia NS-R2000 stereo receiver. Yes, I pushed the AUX button on front of receiver. Volumn of computer is not on mute and turned up. Receiver volumn turned up. No sound whatsoever. I took the receiver to Best Buy along with the cable. The Geek Squad guy hooked up a speaker and his cell phone to the receiver, using my cable and was able to get sound. Now, I know the computer output is working, since my computer spkrs work, I know the cable works and that the receiver is operating. Brought back and hooked up (removed the splitter and connected the cable directly to grn. output jack) nothing doing. I've tried phono, tape, aux and cd jacks, none work. If I switch to AM/FM, I get sound. So, I know the receiver speakers are working. The receiver is linked with an 8 ft. cable, so I'm sure it isn't too far away from the computer.
    Can anyone take a guess and let me know what's going on here? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Have you tried other audio sources into your amp on the desired inputs?

Have you had it connected to the amp at the same time as getting sound through your normal speakers, some audio cards automatically sence loading and change the function of the sockets.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You may have tried this, but open the Volume Mixer on your computer and mute the speakers and then take them off of mute. I have had to do this once before. You have a splitter, I assume you mean a "Y- Cable".
    It Started In Texas
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    V Bot-
    I have an actual splitter on the back of the computer. Half goes to the computer speakers and the other side goes to the receiver, using (what you are calling) a "Y" cable with the same male plug-in as the speaker wire on one end and red and white RCA connectors on the receiver end. I'll try the muting in the Volumn Mixer technique you mentioned and let you know.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    darkknight145, I have tried it both ways, with the splitter (computer spkrs connected and receiver connected) and with the "Y" cable by itself in the green jack. Same result. No, I haven't, as yet, tried other audio sources. I will. Thanks
    Quote Quote