VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I get the following error when trying to convert an svcd mpg to dvd with winavi:

capture file(s)
    F:MPEG2AVSEQ01.MPG
    Information failing!
    No usable video stream, please make sure that the Media Player can correctly play both the video and audio of the file!

Anyone know what the problem is ?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Agent_J,

As the error says "No usable video stream" - Although it's an MPG, the tool that you're using (what is it? - you don't say) has determined that it either doesn't like or can't find a video stream in the source file.

Like it suggests, have you tried playing the file on some kind of media player? What happened?

Also, use AVICodec on the file to get file info and post the results (screen print is best).
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  3. oops, forgot to say I was using WinAVI

here's the screen print with AVICodec

it works now that I installed the mainconcept mpeg 2 decoder though, im guessing that was the problem before?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Agent_J
    it works now that I installed the mainconcept mpeg 2 decoder though, im guessing that was the problem before?
    That was gonna be my next suggestion... I was waiting on the AVICodec details just to be sure. Guess you got there first though...

Glad it's working now.
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote