VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I recently uninstalled AutoGK 2.55(cleaned out all registry traces) and reinstalled it, but not installing programs own xvid 1.21. I wanted to try newer 1.2.2 All my files kept coming out really undersized some 100mb on a target of 710mb.

I thought xvid(and later builds were compatible with AutoGK as according to FAQ? I use ESS chipset option only. K-Lite mega Codec Pack is installed too(I installed it without xvid set up and installed xvid codec separately. Still undersize issue. Later reinstalled(cleaned out registry again first) Klite Codecs with xvid included in install set up, still same issue.

My other question is: can the last version of VdubMod notably 1.5.10.2 be installed as an overlay in AutoGK's vdubmod folder without problems or conflict or does one just drop in exe file and VirtualDubMod.vdi only? Any help here is very much appreciated. Thanks guys.
    Quote Quote  
  2. You're just asking for trouble by using an XviD not included with AutoGK. Yes, the FAQ says it's OK to use any XviD unless using the MTK/Sigma option. But the FAQ hasn't been updated since ver. 2.40 of AutoGK. Didn't you used to get the right sizes when using v1.2.1 of XviD (the included one)? And now you don't with v1.2.2? Doesn't that tell you something?

Just to be sure, though, do you have a log for one of these undersized encodes?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Perfectly correct! I was asking for trouble, but stupidly could not resist the challenge to try out new build trying to squeeze out extra quality. Now I have gone back to build 1.2.1 and everything is okay "bang on size." The compression test log for test using xvid 1.2.2 kept coming out 55.37%, but using xvid 1.2.1 it was 77.65%. The error was in the compression test which codec 1.2.2 was causing to go bonkers in AutoGK.

If it ain't broke don't fix it!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think there's anything wrong with 1.2.2 per se,
    but sounds as if AutoGK has been tuned to match the 1.2.1 version.

Perhaps if it's updated again, it will be included.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Unfortunately AutoGK is not in development. Gordian Knot too? I also tried the unofficial "stable Xvid 1.2.2 & Vaq" which did produce a quality file despite undersize/lower bitrate as it has motion vector(4mv) enabled instead of turbo and a few other tweaks to facilitate encoding. For me using XP even after a clean format this build of xvid(standard or Vaq'ed is incompatible.

http://jawormat.republika.pl/xvid.html
    Quote Quote