VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Major,

Would it be possible to add 2 new features in your next release of ffMpeg ?

#1. The ability to encode for a certian number of minutes of the movie and then stop and build the SVCD. The purpose being, now I have to wait 12 hours to find out that the movie is out of sync. If I could tell ffMpeg to encode the first 5 minutes of a movie and stop and build SVCD I could play around with the audio offset until I got it right.

#2. Automatic audio offset detection ? I think that Pulldown on the PC side does this. My PC friend told me to try .63 in the box that you provided which I will tonight.

Thoughts ?

-S
    Quote Quote  
  2. What you should do is download DemuxMpeg and MissingMpegTools from http://homepage.mac.com/rnc/tools.html.

Just make one mpeg2 movie with ffMpegX. [SVCD, DO NOT SPLIT or use Author as SVCD (XA.img)]

Then use DemuxMpeg to de-mux audio and video from mpeg. You should have a .mp2 file and a .m2v file.

Open MissingMpegTools. Press the mplex. Set Path to the .m2v and .mp2. There is a Force Segment to split the mpg and a sync to Offset in milli secs. You can do this over and over again until its synced. Its very quick when you multiplex the files.

When you have found your sync you can use MissingMpegTools to make a .xml file in vcdxgen. Then use the vcdxbuild to mke your SVCD.img file for XA. Do this for each split .mpg

Hope this helps. It worked very well for me. arri
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. So are you saying that it is guess work ? Isn't there any software that will calculate the offset for you ?

-S
    Quote Quote  
  4. Yes its guess work. You just dont have to try it every 12 hours. Only about every 10 min.

Dont know of any other software, sorry. But if you find somthing do tell me.

arri
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. This worked. One tip, it doesn't even take 10 mins. You can use vlc to watch the video and spot check it before it is done muxing (meaning while it is muxing you can watch it). So you can stop it and restart at a different offset. I was able to run 20 different scenerios in 15 mins.

-S
    Quote Quote  
  6. Thats a good idea, vlc. I was using QuickTime at the time. But vlc would be better.

Well I'm glad I could help and that it worked for once with the bloody sync thing.

arri
    Quote Quote