VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am experiencing a problem with DVDFab Platinum Version 4.0.0.5. With one particular DVD I'm trying to backup, DVDFab finishes analyzing the DVD, and starts the copy process. About one minute into the copy, I receive a "Crash Report" with the following info:
    "DVDFab Platinum has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
    Was wondering if anyone has experienced this issue? I have sent several copies of the dump to DVDFab's tech support, but haven't received an answer in the past three days.
    bigdogdadog
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Does it work if you use the latest stable version of dvdfab? not the beta 4.0.0.5.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I had troubles with analyze, it would get ~40% and flag an error. Reloaded 4.0 and disk copied fine.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Reloaded 4.0?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    3.2.1.0 This will teach me to reply.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In response to questions, the problem started with the "stable" version, which I assume you are referring to Version 3.2.1. That's when I downloaded the beta to see how it would handle the issue...got the same results. I don't know what's going on with this particular DVD, but I have sent several "dumps" to the tech support address. The software has handled all other backups without a hitch.
    bigdogdadog
    Quote Quote  
  7. Go to Common Settings->Read and set it to ignore read errors.
    If that doesn't help then check the disc for scratches.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice, Moviegeek, but am still getting the failure message. At this point, I have to believe that there is a problem with the DVD itself.
    Is there a procedure that can be used to alleviate the impact of scratches? I clean DVD's before I work with them, but is there something that can be used to mitigate scratches?
    bigdogdadog
    Quote Quote  
  9. I do a visual test first,if there are fingerprints I use alcohol to get rid of them.If there are scratches then I use Novus cleaner but some prefer Plexus.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the advice Moviegeek...also printed your guide for future reference.
    bigdogdadog
    Quote Quote