I'm trying to write meta data to different audio formats in UTF-8. I've already made sure the command line is set to UTF-8 by checking the output of chcp which shows me code page 65001. I'm using windows 8.

The ffmpeg command params I'm running are these:

PHP Code:
ffmpeg.exe -"test-files\cd-quality-song.mp3" -metadata title="! Äüß!*" -metadata artist="Burzum #äääüüüüüß" -metadata track="11" -metadata date="2012" -metadata album="Test Album" -c:a copy -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -"test-files\cd-quality-song.mp3" 2>&1

ffmpeg
.exe -"test-files\cd-quality-song.ogg" -metadata title="! Äüß!*" -metadata artist="Burzum #äääüüüüüß" -metadata track="11" -metadata date="2012" -metadata album="Test Album" -c:a copy -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -"test-files\cd-quality-song.ogg" 2>&1

ffmpeg
.exe -"test-files\cd-quality-song.flac" -metadata title="! Äüß!*" -metadata artist="Burzum #äääüüüüüß" -metadata track="11" -metadata date="2012" -metadata album="Test Album" -c:a copy -id3v2_version 3 -write_id3v1 1 -"test-files\cd-quality-song.flac" 2>&
The result for the artist is "Burzum #äääüüüüüß" and the result for the title is "! Äüß!*". This looks like wrong encoding to me. I'm using foobar2000 to look at the tracks.

Another issue with that is that the flac file is ok, it keeps its original length of 3:19, the mp3 gets truncated for some reason to 0:06 and the ogg vorbis to 0:01! I have no idea why this happens.

Ffmpeg version:

ffmpeg version N-46146-g11d695d Copyright (c) 2000-2012 the FFmpeg developers
built on Oct 29 2012 18:10:27 with gcc 4.7.2 (GCC)
configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --disable-pthreads --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-avisynth --enable
-bzlib --enable-frei0r --enable-libass --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libfreetype --enab
le-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libnut --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-librtmp --enable-libschroed
inger --enable-libspeex --enable-libtheora --enable-libutvideo --enable-libvo-aacenc --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-li
bvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libx264 --enable-libxavs --enable-libxvid --enable-zlib
My goal is to make this work on windows and linux and to use it within a php script. An acceptable alternative would be another tool that can write meta data to mp3, ogg vorbis and flac files at least via command line.