VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have two similar videos but the difference is the dubbing language is not the same, and the duration and quality.

Video A has an original language and high quality and complete scene.
    Video B has an other dubbing language and low quality and have some cut scene.

what I want is search the video A base on video B scene, because the video B have some cut scene and the video A have complete scene, then search those cut scene on video A and auto cut the scene on video A. after those scene cut on video A, the audio B with other dubbing language will put on video A. for high quality video and other dubbing language. then save it as mp4.

is there any software that I can use to accomplish this task? thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    here is my sample videos

Video A: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54936&stc=1&d=1600403894
    Video B: https://forum.videohelp.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=54937&stc=1&d=1600403894

Video A have some scene that is not on Video B. What I want is remove those scene on Video A. Is there any software to auto search those scene and delete?

I can do this but in manual search and delete those scene using Camtasia Studio, but it takes time to search and remove those scene in 1 episode, these have several episode that is why I want a software that can do in auto search and remove. If I edit these all episode in manual search and delete it takes me about 5 to 10 days defend on how many scene need to delete..
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by kolipri; 18th Sep 2020 at 03:31.
    Quote Quote  
  3. good question
    Quote Quote  
  4. In any NLE you can stack your clips and make the top layer semi-transparent to see the differences. Some NLEs like Premiere Pro and Resolve have scene edit detection features that will add cuts at each edit. This makes it easier to slide the pieces around. You still have to go through and align the pieces by hand.

Your clips also have different framerates so you will probably want to set your timeline to whichever is used most.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Avisynth can be scripted to work on differences (either using or skipping), based on a threshold of similarity, but because they're encoded differently, etc, your differences are going to be really high. Not sure how helpful this would be to you.

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  6. I had a similar issue about a year ago, after some unsuccesful fiddling with Avisynth I managed to get it done with the method suggested above : adding both files on the timeline of a non-linear editor (the one I currently use being Magix Video Deluxe but any other decent recent editor should have the required features), cropping each video so that they appear as the left half and right half of the picture, then scrub quickly until I notice a discrepancy, then go back slowly to pinpoint where the discrepancy actually is and adjust accordingly.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TTMITW 31;45.04 (il semblerait que des images intermédiaires soient manquantes).png
Views:	210
Size:	506.6 KB
ID:	56354
    I found out that the original language version, although a much better quality DVD transfer, had a few shots missing compared with the french dubbed TV recording, and also at one point it was missing just a few frames, perhaps 4 or 5 (those were present in the dubbed TV recording), which was barely noticeable as it's in a scene with little motion (the screenshot above was made to keep a record of that glitch : both halves were in sync 1 frame before, but then on the right half the male actor suddenly moved forward, while the movement was smooth on the left side), but it was enough to cause a significant desynchronization. A situation like this would be very difficult to detect automatically, considering how different the picture quality is when comparing strictly identical frames (without even considering the fact that the dubbed version had blended frames and duplicated frames).

“I can't eat well anymore
    because I'm afraid I'm going to think of you”

O_O
    (What is this about, cannibalism ?)
    Quote Quote