VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'm running ffmpegX v0.0.9y on my Mac with OSX 10.6.8.

When I try and use Autocrop, it only shows me the preview the first time I press it.

If I go to another tab, and then back to Filters and try and preview again, mplayer attempts to launch (see it briefly in my dock) but then quits immediately.

If I quit ffmpegX and open it again, the Preview works once again, until I navigate away from the Filters tab. Then it refuses to launch again.

Any idea on what's going on and how to solve it?? Driving me mad!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I can't replicate your issue.
    Are you ending the mplayer preview using the [q] or [esc] key? If not, try it for possibly different behavior, as mplayer would then quit in a more controlled way.
    Quote Quote  
  3. When I do try using [q] and it previews repeatedly ok up until I navigate away from the Filters tab. From then on it just won't launch again, as described above.

So still looking for a solution.....?
    Last edited by Gibson's Squares; 20th May 2012 at 04:51.
    Quote Quote  
  4. I finally found out today what was causing mPlayer to crash when previewing from ffmpegx!

I've usually got the deinterlace and denoise filters ticked when I try and preview. For some reason today when it crashed (as usual) I thought to try it without the filters, and mplayer played the preview just fine!

I tried previewing the same file with either deinterlace or denoise ticked, and each one caused it to crash.

So my tip is - switch all the filters off when trying to preview!
    Quote Quote