VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have a batch of files I encoded to HEVC with vidcoder. For the ones that already had subtitles muxed, it kept them. For the ones where the subtitles were an identically named SRT file, it didn't include them in the output.

Is there a way to mux them with vidcoder, setting video and audio to passthrough, or do I need another program?

I've searched for how to do it for MP4 but Google insists I mean MKV, Matroska, AVI or formats other than MP4.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    It's easy if they were MKV
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  3. Since VidCoder will always re-reencode the video: no.
    You could write a batch for ffmpeg or mp4box.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    In megui go to: Tools > Muxer > MP4 muxer

In staxrip go to: Tool > Scripts > Re-mux

In powershell it looks like in a batch file except you need to precede it with the call operator other powershell would interpret the mp4box path as string instead of a command.

& "D:\Apps\MP4Box\MP4Box.exe" -add "D:\Temp\aaa.mp4#video" -add "D:\Temp\aaa.mp4#audio:lang=eng:name=" -add "D:\Temp\aaa.srt:lang=eng:name=" -new "D:\Temp\aaa_new.mp4"
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MeGUI works but the Queue button doesn't actually do that. It instantly begins muxing instead of putting it into a Queue of jobs to be started later, even with the and close box unchecked. Also have to manually select the video file for both audio and video and select the subtitle file.

Works but tedious. :P

I've been trying the muxing with StaxRip without success. I see it has functions for handling folders and subfolders - but what do I need to do to have it take a folder full of MP4 files and identically named SRT files and just mux the matched name pairs? What I get are walls of text reporting various errors.

A tool that does that and only that would be very nice. Run it, drag and drop a fold onto it and it muxes any set(s) of files with the same names but different extensions, keeping the extension for the output from whichever file in the set has the video stream.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    but what do I need to do to have it take a folder full of MP4 files and identically named SRT files and just mux the matched name pairs?
    Please post the full log file to pastebin.

https://github.com/stax76/staxrip#support
    Quote Quote