VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Banned
    Search PM
    Hi! MeGUI can't convert to 60fps,because it appear 50fps instead of requesting last (60fps). Why? Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  2. What's the source fps? Why 60fps?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search PM
    Sorry for my ignorance: what is "source fps"? And 60fps is the best than 50fps!
    Quote Quote  
  4. 60 fps is not better than 50 fps. It depends on the source, the playback device, and how you convert the frame rate.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search PM
    Wrong! It's good 60fps instead! What is wrong is because in the end that MeGUI instead of giving 60fps gives me 50fps, when 60fps was also present in the options. Maybe there is a program error! And anyway I don't know the type of "source fps" if progressive or interlaced!
    Quote Quote  
  6. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Funny you say wrong to one of our knowledgeable members yet you don't know what source fps means,is the original file at 60 fps or 29.97 or 25 or 23.976?
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by johns0 View Post
    Funny you say wrong to one of our knowledgeable members yet you don't know what source fps means,is the original file at 60 fps or 29.97 or 25 or 23.976?
    As you can see, unfortunately I don't know the advanced settings of this program, so I don't know anything about it. There is something good and bad do not know this MeGUI? Come on next!
    Quote Quote  
  8. You still haven't indicated the frame rate of your source video. Whether it's interlaced or progressive. The refresh rate of your monitor/TV. And you are wrong, 60 fps doesn't always look better. It depends on all the things I mentioned earlier.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    You still haven't indicated the frame rate of your source video. Whether it's interlaced or progressive. The refresh rate of your monitor/TV. And you are wrong, 60 fps doesn't always look better. It depends on all the things I mentioned earlier.
    I repeat: are there strengths and weaknesses of MeGUI that I don't know? Because if I'm wrong, it means that the fault is not mine if I'm wrong, but the creator of the falled program! And I insist that 60fps is the best!
    Quote Quote  
  10. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You blame a creator of a good program which many members here use without complaints,you really need to learn about video properties and encoding features cause right now you insist on 60fps as best but don't know why.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search PM
    You blame a creator of a good program which many members here use without complaints,you really need to learn about video properties and encoding features cause right now you insist on 60fps as best but don't know why.
    Because it could be yet another freak phenomenon, of which he will have used and plagiarized users using this program which unfortunately once again, although freeware, does not have the advanced features that are needed, but I never said that MeGUI must be like Adobe Premiere (shareware). Unfortunately I wanted to find an alternative to another program that I had been using for 4 years, but it is having a tantrum and then I came across MeGUI. Too bad that 60fps is not the default version for this program, perhaps because there is something secret that the creator doesn't want to reveal (Area 51 stuff, right?). Anyway I stop here I do not go further! If there is no solution to this, then maybe I will have the wrong forum through negligence!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Maybe user error.

I just downloaded it and tested it.

It works ok for me

Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 60.000 FPS
    Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by poisondeathray View Post
    maybe user error.

It works ok for me

frame rate mode : Constant
    frame rate : 60.000 fps
    wtf?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by VHGNM View Post
    maybe user error.

It works ok for me

wtf?

There is no problem with the program. 60FPS output works ok.

Maybe you are using older version, or the wrong settings

Maybe problem with your source (maybe it's not 60.0 FPS); or maybe you didn't convert it correctly if you didn't start with 60.0FPS (maybe you used the wrong commands)

Answer some of the specific questions and you might get some more specific help. Also post your log file if you want help

If you don't like it, use something else. Nobody is forcing you to use it. Megui isn't the easiest program to use. There are plenty of free easier to use programs that can perform similar functions
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use mediainfo on the original video file and paste the text info so we can see the file properties.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search PM
    In general, MeGUI does not change the frame rate of your source video. Instead it preserves it, because any frame rate conversion will result in a worse quality than not converting it (imagine slicing an already sliced cake, but with a different number, hence angles of new slices).

60 fps footage will look better only if it has originally been recorded at 60 fps.

Yes, please check technical attributes of your source video with MediaInfo - or for convenience, you may prefer MediaInfo.NET by stax76.
    Last edited by LigH.de; 29th Jun 2021 at 02:51.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by VHGNM View Post
    maybe user error.

It works ok for me

wtf?

There is no problem with the program. 60FPS output works ok.

Maybe you are using older version, or the wrong settings

Maybe problem with your source (maybe it's not 60.0 FPS); or maybe you didn't convert it correctly if you didn't start with 60.0FPS (maybe you used the wrong commands)

Answer some of the specific questions and you might get some more specific help. Also post your log file if you want help

If you don't like it, use something else. Nobody is forcing you to use it. Megui isn't the easiest program to use. There are plenty of free easier to use programs that can perform similar functions
    Use mediainfo on the original video file and paste the text info so we can see the file properties.
    Originally Posted by LigH.de View Post
    In general, MeGUI does not change the frame rate of your source video. Instead it preserves it, because any frame rate conversion will result in a worse quality than not converting it (imagine slicing an already sliced cake, but with a different number, hence angles of new slices).

60 fps footage will look better only if it has originally been recorded at 60 fps.

Yes, please check technical attributes of your source video with MediaInfo - or for convenience, you may prefer MediaInfo.NET by stax76.
    I don't understand...
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search PM
    How should your output video magically get 60 fps if your input (original) video never had 60 fps?

Tell us details about your original video. Help us helping you.
    Quote Quote  
  19. VHGNM,
    It'd help if you explained how you're trying to change the frame rate with MeGUI. Paste a copy of the script it creates and/or attach MeGUI's log file to a post so we can see what it's doing.
    The only native method I'm aware of that MeGUI has for converting the frame rate relies on you opening a video with AviSource or DirectShowSource (both of which are disabled by default) and setting the new frame rate in the script creator GUI.

When opening a video with DirectShowSource it converts the frame rate by adding/dropping frames. It's really only intended for converting a variable frame rate source to a constant frame rate. All that'll happen if you use it to increase the frame rate for a normal constant frame rate source, is it'll pointlessly add a bunch of duplicate frames but the video won't look any different.

When opening a video with AviSource, the same option uses (from memory) Avisynth's AssumeFPS() to change the frame rate, so all it really does it speed the video up or slow it down.

The frame rate option below will be greyed out unless either AviSource or DirectShowSource is the source filter MeGUI is using to open the video.

[Attachment 59637 - Click to enlarge]

The only other way MeGUI can change the frame rate is when applying IVTC or de-interlacing, but the frame rate isn't something you can specify. Bob de-interlacing a 25fps source will output 50fps and for a 29.97fps source the output will be 59.94fps.

If you're trying to use MeGUI to convert the frame rate some other way, please explain what you're doing, because I'm not aware of MeGUI being able to change the frame rate in it's GUI, aside from the methods I described. For any other type of frame rate conversion (using an Avisynth function or plugin), you'd have to add it to the script manually.
    Last edited by hello_hello; 30th Jun 2021 at 11:54.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by VHGNM View Post
    Wrong! It's good 60fps instead! What is wrong is because in the end that MeGUI instead of giving 60fps gives me 50fps, when 60fps was also present in the options. Maybe there is a program error! And anyway I don't know the type of "source fps" if progressive or interlaced!
    i understand when people don't know something, but you are a ******* idiot
    Quote Quote