VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello all. I need some help with a problem I'm having after attempting adjusting portion of a audio essay so it can match the image from a movie (which has been tempered with a bit because of some shots repeating themselves). What I want to do is readjust this audio part (which is now faster after the image editing) and adjust the pitch shifting so I can add it back seamlessly with the audio essay. Unfortunately, by doing all this, I'm having audio artifacts that is now seriously affecting the audio portion itself (check the audio samples in the attached zip file below). What I've been using in my attempt are both Adobe Premiere Pro and Audition.

Is there any way to correct this or to do better for what I want to achieve ?

Thanks if you can help.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  2. That's a piss poor pitch change. It's generated terrible phase shifts. Here's Audacity with the same pitch change from the "faster" file. If you need to fix your existing pitch_pitch change audio you can downmix to mono or discard one of the channels. Then duplicate the remaining channel if you need a stereo track.
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    That's a piss poor pitch change. It's generated terrible phase shifts. Here's Audacity with the same pitch change from the "faster" file. If you need to fix your existing pitch_pitch change audio you can downmix to mono or discard one of the channels. Then duplicate the remaining channel if you need a stereo track.
    Hi. Thanks for the assist. So, to summarise, I should convert the whole thing in mono and then re-adjust the pitch (or just convert one of the stereo channel only with the same process) ? I'm just trying to understand the process so I can apply it (I don't have Audacity at the moment and can't install it since it's not my computer) ?

Thanks to clarify (for a noob)
    Quote Quote  
  4. The problem is that the pitch change has effected the phase of the two channels differently. Since the two channels are nearly identical you can avoid the phase problem by downmixing to mono, or discarding one channel. You can do that before or after the pitch change. If you need a stereo track after the pitch change you can just duplicate the mono track.

If other parts of the audio track contain stereo elements (music, multiple speakers, etc.) you will be better off using some other software that doesn't have this phase shift problem.
    Last edited by jagabo; 30th Jun 2021 at 12:41.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ah, ok. Thanks for the assist.
    Quote Quote