VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have both a Leadtek PVR3000 and XP2000. They both work fine under XP and Vista, along with their remotes. However under MCE 2005, for neither tv tuner will the remote control work. Not for MCE, and not for the Leadtek PVR software. Ive verified under settings that the remotes are turned on. Anyone have an idea?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I don't think Media Center works with too many remotes. Check the Windows website for the short list of remote receivers that MCE will work with. I'm guessing it will have to be the official MS one or one that touts itself as being made for MCE. I know my Hauppauge one won't work with MCE either.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Why though? They work fine with Vistas MCE. Under MCE 2005 they dont even work with the manufacturers software for some reason. Is there something about MCE 2005 that blocks standard remotes from working period?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Vista opened up a lot of great features I wish I had on MCE 2005 like HD content from unencrypted QAM and proper upsampling of DVDs to HDTVs. I have no doubt they also opened up the list of remote controls to offer support for universals or Bluetooth remotes as well. I'd check with the manufacturers to be sure.
    FB-DIMM are the real cause of global warming
    Quote Quote