+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, this one:

http://www.momitsu.com/bdp_899_spec.html

Curtis has the same front but the Momitsu also has the component outputs and the optical output. I guess Curtis wanted to save a couple dollars on the parts and made it as bare bones as possible. They do have 2 USB 2.0 ports but the others would have been better...
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I read reports that, the FF problem on MKV's was only on files larger than 2GB, and other reports that it was fixed in newer firmwear.

There's GOT to be a better name for this player than "Momitsu 799/Foehn & Hirsch/Limit BD-M100/Hiteker HTB-1026/Curtis 1102/Dabs Best Value MD-BR-2102/Ambiance AMB-1026" etc. etc.

The Curtis 1102 looks like a Momitsu 799 inside a Momitsu 899 case. The rear USB port is handy for a 1GB memory stick for BD Live to work.
    Last edited by KBeee; 1st Feb 2010 at 02:10.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Actually, I did another test and the MKVs can be fast forwarded at better than 8X without freezing. But I remuxed them with MKVmerge so that probably fixed the seek problem.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It's also too bad that the original player isn't available in Canada. I used Momitsu's website to try to track them down in Canada and came up empty. Going to have to look for the other clones around town....
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Ran into my first problem with this player....it won't play Divx encoded files. Had to convert to Xvid with avirecompress which takes about 20 minutes for a 4 minute clip. I suspect that Momitsu being a Taiwanese company would be loathe to actually pay Divx for the codec, so it's not included and would not be in any of the clones unless the cloner was willing to pony up the necessary fees. Guess I can keep my Philips 5992 just a bit longer....
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Tried just changing the fourcc code to xvid?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just did a check with a 2.1GB MKV and it stopped dead at the 2GB mark, so it too has the file size limitation. I'll have to remember that if I start to produce my own MKVs. It also won't do Divx, at least not the 5.03b version that I checked last night. Still got a use for the Divx certified Philips 5992 I got last year.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could try changing the FourCC code on your DivX files to XVID and see if that'll allow them to play

https://www.videohelp.com/tools/AVI_FourCC_Code_Changer
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone been able to access Broadcom's server with this player? Apparently it tries to connect when you hook it up to your router...at least thats what some friends who hooked mine up to their router said. No go though. I'll have to check at Insignia's website to see how they made their connection work. Also, the settings menu makes reference to being able to connect to Netflix and other services. Since I'm in Canada, Netflix is not available but how about any other services? Anyone?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Alos, how about streaming from the computer? Anyone tried this with the Momitsu or the clones?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Looks like we lost the English language support for these units. There are instructions at Momitsu's site as to using the Japanese firmware upgrade of a few weeks bac:

This Japanese-language firmware
    How to change it to English?
    After update, when screen show set up menu press
    1) Enter
    2) Down
    3) Down
    4) Right
    5) Enter
    5) Enter
    6) Set Up

Great to know though that they are still supporting these units but still...

I still haven't tried the update on the Curtis. I'll check the settings menu on my friend's Hi Def TV as it is now easier to read. Then I'll get to work...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Interesting news from HKFlix I just noticed (sellers of Momitsu and clones as well as modding Blu Ray units):

"We apologize for any inconvenience, but HKFlix has temporarily stopped offering hardware for sale so that we can focus on films. Please check back for updates as they become available."
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hmmm...that HKFlix info is old.

Found out if I mod the Curtis, I'll need a Momitsu remote to access the player since the Curtis one probably won't work. I'll have to check if the codes work for my Palm Pilot using a remote control app....
    Quote Quote  
  14. Please Help!! Im trying to play files from a western digital USB hard drive. The hard drive is 250GB and ive tried playing the files as AVI, MP4 and both times the player doesnt even recognise the hard drive. The hard drive is formatted to fat32 as i used to use it to play through my PS3. There are around 60 films on the hard drive and none of them are above 1.5GB in size. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks, Steve
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The hard drive will require it's own power supply. If you are using it without one, there is not enough power from the USB port to supply the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, I keep playing with the Curtis DVD 1102 and keep coming up short when trying to convert subtitle files and playing AVCHD content. Can anyone confirm that this player will actually play AVCHD? Momitsu says it does for the 799 so you'd think this player will as well. I also sent an email off to Curtis International inquiring about firmware updates but haven't heard anything back yet. At least with the Momitsu, they have made some progress in that AVCHD on double layer DVDs has been enabled. I can't even make a single layer one that works with tools like multiAVCHD. I really need help with non-standard MKVs to AVCHD if anyone can point me to a good tutorial. I used the one from the creator of the software but I still keep getting no file output after processing.

The subtitle non display problem is also vexing me greatly. I have some MKVs that display the subs just fine and others that are in .ass format that when ripped and converted will not play in any way shape or form. Very frustrating!

Looks like even more reading for this week coming up....

PS I also note that changing the file names doesn't work right as the original file name inside the MKV container is the one that needs to be changed. Can that be done without ripping all the files out, changing the name and then making a new MKV? If so, how?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, I made an AVCHD as a test for playback on the Curtis and it won't work. It says "BD-ROM" and then spits out the disc. Anyone got these to work on the Curtis or other players?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi guys, I just got on sunday the Curtis DVD 1102 Blu-ray. Works fine. I want to remove the region code. I have tried the 937502 enter. I must be missing a step can any one help me on this. Many thanks
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try 973502
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Latest tests using BDRB test discs. Single layer Verbatim -R 16X Made in United Arab Emir. Curtis DVD 1102 played on a Samsung 42" LCD:

OLD_BD - works fine
    NEW_BD - works fine
    NEWBD CROP 720 - works fine
    NEWBD CROP 1080 - works fine
    AVCHD - works fine
    AVCHD STRICT - works fine
    AVCHD AUX - works fine
    AVCHD CROP 720 - works fine
    AVCHD CROP 1080 - works fine
    AVCHD DTSHD - works fine
    NEWBD TRUEHD - works fine
    NEWBD DTSHD - works fine
    AVCHD TRUEHD - no audio

MKV conversion of a full movie also plays fine (as an AVCHD) but no subtitles available. Might work if you can find SRT subs and include them in the backup when you go to make the finished product. I haven't tried a double layer disc though the Momitsu 799 originally couldn't play those until it got a firmware upgrade in January. Of course, the Curtis has no upgrade....
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher2007 View Post
    With this player it is also possible to play region 1 and other region BD Disks

Do it as follows :

When the door is open, press digit button on RC with "97350", then press "1" for region A, "2" for region B and "3" for region C , then press ENTER.

9735+01/02/03:
    0 for DVD region
    1 for A - USA
    2 for B - Europe
    3 for C - Others

htb-1026.jpg

Hoi Dreamcatcher,

Ik zag dat je uit Nederland komt, dus hoop ik dat je mij in het Nederlands kan helpen.

Ik las wat in de quote staat, maar begrijp het niet helemaal.

Ik heb sinds gister een Hiteker HTB-1026 Bleu-Ray speler gekocht.

Ik begrijp dat ik met de afstandbediening de code moet invoeren, maar niet helemaal hoe.

Ik moet de volgende code intoetsen 97350 gevolgd door 1, 2, 3 en enter, maar is dan alles regiovrij?

Of kan ik enkel het DVD gedeelte regiovrij maken door 97350 in te toetsen?

Hoe vaak kan ik van Regio veranderen voordat de DVD/Bleu-Ray speler niet meer wil veranderen?

Zou je mij een groot plezier doen hierin duidelijkheid te geven?

Met vriendelijke groet,

Casper
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search PM
    Best forumer,

I have since yesterday a Hiteker HTB-1026 Blue-Ray player purchased.

I understand that the remote code to enter, but not quite how.

I write the following code 97350 followed by 1, 2, 3 and enter, but then everything is region free?

Or can I just DVD region free part through 97350 to key?

How often can I change the region before the DVD / Blue-Ray player does not want to change?

Would you do me a great pleasure to clarify this?

Sincerely,

Casper
    Quote Quote