VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im not sure how to play this codec/container

anyone knows how to convert file extension .mp_ to mp4 or any video file ?
    it uses Mackyplayer.
    https://umemaro3d.miraheze.org/wiki/Category:Mackyplayer_Releases
    this are the video content from umemaro "work in progress"
    If I open it using windows media player, I am able to hear the audio but not see the actual video.

currently using K-Lite Codec Pack standard
    if this is not allowed, please delete this thread

Sample files
    https://dropmb.com/tBfyg

[Attachment 54456 - Click to enlarge]

klite media info
    General
    Format : MPEG-PS
    File size : 24.2 MiB
    Duration : 3 s 600 ms
    Overall bit rate mode : Constant
    Overall bit rate : 56.4 Mb/s

Video
    ID : 224 (0xE0)
    Format : MPEG Video
    Format version : Version 1
    Format settings : BVOP
    Format settings, BVOP : Yes
    Format settings, Matrix : Default
    Format settings, GOP : M=3, N=18
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 55.0 Mb/s
    Width : pixel0
    Height : pixel0
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Time code of first frame : 00:00:01:04
    Time code source : Group of pictures header
    GOP, Open/Closed : Open
    Stream size : 23.6 MiB (98%)

Audio
    ID : 192 (0xC0)
    Format : MPEG Audio
    Format version : Version 1
    Format profile : Layer 2
    Bit rate mode : Constant
    Bit rate : 192 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 3 s 288 ms
    Stream size : 84.4 KiB (0%)

vlc media/codec info
    [Attachment 54469 - Click to enlarge]
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 9th Aug 2020 at 16:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. It seems to be standard MPEG video but the weird part is « width : pixel0 / height : pixel0 ». Is VLC Media Player able to play it ?

Mackyplayer Releases use the Mackyplayer container as a method of DRM, and as a way to connect the individual video loops in a release.
    DRM generally means encryption. Dunno more about this.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by abolibibelot View Post
    It seems to be standard MPEG video but the weird part is « width : pixel0 / height : pixel0 ». Is VLC Media Player able to play it ?

Mackyplayer Releases use the Mackyplayer container as a method of DRM, and as a way to connect the individual video loops in a release.
    DRM generally means encryption. Dunno more about this.
    vlc played the entire audio and then you will be able to see the start of the video from the last 5secs of the file. weird.
    happens to all file..
    just hope there is a way to convert them to a different video file.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Since VLC can play the video and the audio the files aren't encrypted. The files have the extension .mp? but are MPEG Program Streams -- which is usually .mpg. In all likelihood all you need to do is concatenate all the files into one big file.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Since VLC can play the video and the audio the files aren't encrypted. The files have the extension .mp? but are MPEG Program Streams -- which is usually .mpg. In all likelihood all you need to do is concatenate all the files into one big file.
    how do I do that.
    how do I mux them all ? format factory cant do the job.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Use a command like this:
    Code:
    copy /b file1+file2+file3 targetfile
    presumably the first part has the file header. Does this part play or give any further info in mediainfo ?
    Quote Quote  
  7. ffmpeg can also concatenate (join together) individual video files, in case the copy /b doesn't work (which it often doesn't). Try the copy /b first, however, because it's easier.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Use a command like this:
    Code:
    presumably the first part has the file header. Does this part play or give any further info in mediainfo ?
    the link file that I attached is the intro if that's what you mean.
    the info above is the exact info from klite media info save txt

command line. Im sorry but I know nothing about that.
    Quote Quote  
  9. presumably the first part has the file header.
    As far as I know MPEG files are particular in the sense that they don't have a single header at the beginning, they have multiple headers at regular intervals.
    But those ones seem weird.

vlc played the entire audio and then you will be able to see the start of the video from the last 5secs of the file. weird.
    Weird indeed.
    Code:
    How long does the audio play for that file ? There's seems to be a mismatch between the actual content and what's reported by MediaInfo, it wouldn't make sense that the video starts in the last 5s of a file that has a total duration of 3s600ms.

Too bad, because ffmpeg also works in command line.

[EDIT] That seems... interesting... O_o
    https://umemaro3d.miraheze.org/wiki/Semen_Analysis
    https://umemaro3d.miraheze.org/wiki/Lewd_Consultation_Room
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by abolibibelot View Post
    presumably the first part has the file header.
    As far as I know MPEG files are particular in the sense that they don't have a single header at the beginning, they have multiple headers at regular intervals.
    But those ones seem weird.

Weird indeed.
    Code:
    How long does the audio play for that file ? There's seems to be a mismatch between the actual content and what's reported by MediaInfo, it wouldn't make sense that the video starts in the last 5s of a file that has a total duration of 3s600ms.

Too bad, because ffmpeg also works in command line.

[EDIT] That seems... interesting... O_o
    https://umemaro3d.miraheze.org/wiki/Semen_Analysis
    https://umemaro3d.miraheze.org/wiki/Lewd_Consultation_Room
    basing on VLC duration : it lasted for 46 secs . during-in game - the actual audio and video is in-sync.
    Id like to link another clip from the game but that one contains NSFW..
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rjackdaw View Post
    Originally Posted by davexnet View Post
    Use a command like this:
    Code:
    the link file that I attached is the intro if that's what you mean.
    the info above is the exact info from klite media info save txt

Perhaps this will work, if it understands the files sequence cnumbers
    https://shanerutter.co.uk/combine-multiple-files-into-one-using-windows-command-prompt/
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    ffmpeg can also concatenate (join together) individual video files, in case the copy /b doesn't work (which it often doesn't). Try the copy /b first, however, because it's easier.
    i downloaded ffmpeg from that link
    tried opening the files from bin but it wont.
    I dont know how. the readme file doesnt contain instructions
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rjackdaw View Post
    Originally Posted by johnmeyer View Post
    ffmpeg can also concatenate (join together) individual video files, in case the copy /b doesn't work (which it often doesn't). Try the copy /b first, however, because it's easier.
    i downloaded ffmpeg from that link
    tried opening the files from bin but it wont.
    I dont know how. the readme file doesnt contain instructions
    You open a command prompt and type in the commands. Similar to the copy /b situation
    Quote Quote  
  14. I didn't notice the sample in the first post. It's not a "normal" mpg video. At least the first GOP is corrupt. But Mpg2Cut2 can see and play the video (though there is some minor corruption) but doesn't save properly:

[Attachment 54470 - Click to enlarge]

Mpg2cut2 can concatenate segments if you want to try it yourself (I suspect it wont' work properly though). Or if you can provide the next two files in the sequence I'll see what I can figure out.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I didn't notice the sample in the first post. It's not a "normal" mpg video. At least the first GOP is corrupt. But Mpg2Cut2 can see and play the video (though there is some minor corruption) but doesn't save properly:

[Attachment 54470 - Click to enlarge]

Mpg2cut2 can concatenate segments if you want to try it yourself (I suspect it wont' work properly though). Or if you can provide the next two files in the sequence I'll see what I can figure out.
    these are nsfw ..
    Intro : https://dropmb.com/tBfyg
    1stclip: https://dropmb.com/Le4uT
    2ndclip: https://dropmb.com/hm5j2
    3rdclip: https://dropmb.com/VQpq8
    4thclip: https://dropmb.com/JSd2s
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 9th Aug 2020 at 18:12.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    it looks like the intro file is screwed up. the others seem like normal mpeg-1 video 720x480 and play fine. i just changed the .mp_ to .mpg they can be edited/combined in a video editor. they don't seem to be in any sort of proper order though...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  17. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    it looks like the intro file is screwed up. the others seem like normal mpeg-1 video 720x480 and play fine. i just changed the .mp_ to .mpg they can be edited/combined in a video editor. they don't seem to be in any sort of proper order though...
    I thought the same with the intro.
    just noticed that the rest have some more info including the actual resolution.
    I did try to changed them to mpg. all of them play the same with the intro where the actual video content will be shown at the last few seconds of the clip.
    I tried converting / muxing with format factory but didnt work.
    Quote Quote  
  18. A few random observations :
    – None of those files have a standard MPEG header / signature. A standard MPEG file begins with hexadecimal bytes 00 00 01 BA. Here only the first one begins with something close but not quite right : 02 01 B0 02. MPEG signatures are found within the files however, but at variable offsets (+1228 for mov001, +1635 for mov002...).
    – Simply merging the five files doesn't result in a readable file, although it does align the headers at sector boundaries for the second file -- but not for the third.
    ffmpeg doesn't properly recognize the files.
    Code:
    [mp2 @ 0000000000385580] Header missing
    [mpeg @ 000000000036fd40] probed stream 1 failed
    [mpeg @ 000000000036fd40] stream 0 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
    [mpeg @ 000000000036fd40] Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Video: none, none): unknown codec
    Consider increasing the value for the 'analyzeduration' and 'probesize' options
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'G:\mov000.mp_':
      Duration: 00:00:00.35, start: 4.891078, bitrate: 587452 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
        Stream #0:1[0x1e0]: Video: none, none, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 90k tbn
    Code:
    [mpeg @ 000000000014fd40] probed stream 0 failed
    [mp2 @ 000000000015b2c0] Header missing
    [mpeg @ 000000000014fd40] stream 1 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
    [mpeg @ 000000000014fd40] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: none, none): unknown codec
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'G:\mov001.mp_':
      Duration: 00:00:00.26, start: 6.643078, bitrate: 356541 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: none, none, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 90k tbn
        Stream #0:1[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
    Code:
    [mpeg2video @ 0000000000565580] Invalid frame dimensions 0x0.
    [mp2 @ 0000000000552000] Header missing
        Last message repeated 8 times
    [mpeg @ 000000000054fd40] stream 1 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'G:\mov002.mp_':
      Duration: 00:00:00.21, start: 5.227078, bitrate: 114114 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg1video, yuv420p(tv), 720x480 [SAR 200:219 DAR 100:73], 4000 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 90k tbn, 30 tbc
    MKVToolNix doesn't recognize those files.
    mplayer can demux them, but only the audio stream is recognized by MKVToolNix or ffmpeg.
    Avidemux 2.6 can open mov000, and suggests to append the other files. After so doing, the chunks seem to be out of order indeed. It shows a total duration of 01:01:933. Audio and video don't seem to be in-sync, though -- at several points the video suddenly jumps from some part of the action to another, while the audio seems to be continuous (or rather, the discontinuities are located at different spots), and at about 00:56 there's a sound of a zipper opening, while the pixellated c-o-c-k is already out and being thoroughly blown...
    If not appending the files automatically, and rather indexing them separately, then adding them one by one in number order, the result is different : the total duration is 00:31:833, the video doesn't become pixellated (except for the c-o-c-k obviously) when jumping from a segment to another, some parts seem correctly synchronized (there's a pee sound while pee is being peed and a brush sound while a brush is brushing), others not (there's a sound of a c-o-c-k being forced into a not-so-eager mouth while said mouth is shown still empty and half open at this point in time, while the aforementioned brush falls on the hard floor without making a sound). It's all very confusing.

[EDIT] Tried MPG2Cut2, it shows parts which are not shown by Avidemux.
    Last edited by abolibibelot; 9th Aug 2020 at 21:02.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by abolibibelot View Post
    A few random observations :
    – None of those files have a standard MPEG header / signature. A standard MPEG file begins with hexadecimal bytes 00 00 01 BA. Here only the first one begins with something close but not quite right : 02 01 B0 02. MPEG signatures are found within the files however, but at variable offsets (+1228 for mov001, +1635 for mov002...).
    – Simply merging the five files doesn't result in a readable file, although it does align the headers at sector boundaries for the second file -- but not for the third.
    ffmpeg doesn't properly recognize the files.
    Code:
    [mp2 @ 0000000000385580] Header missing
    [mpeg @ 000000000036fd40] probed stream 1 failed
    [mpeg @ 000000000036fd40] stream 0 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
    [mpeg @ 000000000036fd40] Could not find codec parameters for stream 1 (Video: none, none): unknown codec
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'G:\mov000.mp_':
      Duration: 00:00:00.35, start: 4.891078, bitrate: 587452 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1c0]: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16p, 192 kb/s
        Stream #0:1[0x1e0]: Video: none, none, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 90k tbn
    Code:
    [mpeg @ 000000000014fd40] probed stream 0 failed
    [mp2 @ 000000000015b2c0] Header missing
    [mpeg @ 000000000014fd40] stream 1 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
    [mpeg @ 000000000014fd40] Could not find codec parameters for stream 0 (Video: none, none): unknown codec
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'G:\mov001.mp_':
      Duration: 00:00:00.26, start: 6.643078, bitrate: 356541 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: none, none, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 90k tbn
    Code:
    [mp2 @ 0000000000552000] Header missing
        Last message repeated 8 times
    [mpeg @ 000000000054fd40] stream 1 : no PTS found at end of file, duration not set
    Input #0, mpeg, from 'G:\mov002.mp_':
      Duration: 00:00:00.21, start: 5.227078, bitrate: 114114 kb/s
        Stream #0:0[0x1e0]: Video: mpeg1video, yuv420p(tv), 720x480 [SAR 200:219 DAR 100:73], 4000 kb/s, 30 fps, 30 tbr, 90k tbn, 30 tbc
    MKVToolNix doesn't recognize those files.
    mplayer can demux them, but only the audio stream is recognized by MKVToolNix or ffmpeg.
    Avidemux 2.6 can open mov000, and suggests to append the other files. After so doing, the chunks seem to be out of order indeed. It shows a total duration of 01:01:933. Audio and video don't seem to be in-sync, though -- at several points the video suddenly jumps from some part of the action to another, while the audio seems to be continuous (or rather, the discontinuities are located at different spots), and at about 00:56 there's a sound of a zipper opening, while the pixellated c-o-c-k is already out and being thoroughly blown...
    If not appending the files automatically, and rather indexing them separately, then adding them one by one in number order, the result is different : the total duration is 00:31:833, the video doesn't become pixellated (except for the c-o-c-k obviously) when jumping from a segment to another, some parts seem correctly synchronized (there's a pee sound while pee is being peed and a brush sound while a brush is brushing), others not (there's a sound of a c-o-c-k being forced into a not-so-eager mouth while said mouth is shown still empty and half open at this point in time, while the aforementioned brush falls on the hard floor without making a sound). It's all very confusing.

[EDIT] Tried MPG2Cut2, it shows parts which are not shown by Avidemux.

doing it with Avidemux right now.
    how do I get the lossless quality possible with avidemux?
    1060 6gb + i7 3770 with 860 evo
    I also experienced clipping / tearing for 30frames video.
    what filter should I use?
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 10th Aug 2020 at 03:26.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I also tried the command line . copy/b
    Im not sure if this is the same as the above suggestion. but it did combined the files. however it only plays the 1st scene and the rest is just blank.
    avidemux did the job but with some clippings and tearing - here and there.
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 10th Aug 2020 at 18:13.
    Quote Quote  
  21. I tried some things with ffmpeg but it didn't like the files without a frame size in the headers. I found that if concatentated the files starting with a frame that had a frame size I could then work with ffmpeg. So I concatenated with mov002.mpg at the start and then the rest (repeating mov002.mpg in the sequence). The resulting file played with a few different players but didn't seek properly with some of them. I then remuxed with ffmpeg while generating new time codes, and also converted to AVC/AAC MP4 with new timecodes (removing the few seconds of mov002.mpg from the start). Both those files play with most players and seek properly. There is some corruption here and there and the files may not be in the proper sequence.

Code:
    copy/b mov002.mp_+mov000.mp_+mov001.mp_+mov002.mp_+mov003.mp_+mov004.mp_ cp.mpg
    ffmpeg -y -fflags +genpts -i cp.mpg -c copy -fflags +genpts ff.mpg
    ffmpeg -y -fflags +genpts -i cp.mpg -fflags +genpts -ss 5.133 output.mp4
    pause
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    I tried some things with ffmpeg but it didn't like the files without a frame size in the headers. I found that if concatentated the files starting with a frame that had a frame size I could then work with ffmpeg. So I concatenated with mov002.mpg at the start and then the rest (repeating mov002.mpg in the sequence). The resulting file played with a few different players but didn't seek properly with some of them. I then remuxed with ffmpeg while generating new time codes, and also converted to AVC/AAC MP4 with new timecodes (removing the few seconds of mov002.mpg from the start). Both those files play with most players and seek properly. There is some corruption here and there and the files may not be in the proper sequence.

Code:
    copy/b mov002.mp_+mov000.mp_+mov001.mp_+mov002.mp_+mov003.mp_+mov004.mp_ cp.mpg
    ffmpeg -y -fflags +genpts -i cp.mpg -c copy -fflags +genpts ff.mpg
    ffmpeg -y -fflags +genpts -i cp.mpg -fflags +genpts -ss 5.133 output.mp4
    pause
    the output that youve shared is more accurate than that one the I got with avidemux.. lots of skips / tearing here and there but somewhat sync with the audio.

ive been doing researched with ffmpeg

im not really sure how to find the "Header" or which file got one..
    Im assuming that the intro is supposed to be the header

[Attachment 54489 - Click to enlarge]

if changing the output to mkv or mp4 , i get invalid timestamps
    tried following this https://www.linglom.com/multimedia/combine-mp4-files-using-ffmpeg-windows-without-re-encoding/
    should I rename them 1st as mpg before doing it via ffmpeg?
    should I start on 002 since I noticed on format factory that it has info on its actual resolution compare to the first and 2nd file
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 11th Aug 2020 at 06:56.
    Quote Quote  
  23. I used MediaInfo to determine which header had a valid frame width and height.

I was unable to get the ffmpeg concat muxer to generate a file that played well. You have to specify ".mpg" for the output extension so it knows you want an MPEG Program Stream. Or you have to specify the muxer you want to use.
    Quote Quote  
  24. MPC-BE x64 plays perfectly your sample mov000.mp_ file, both audio and video, after renaming the extension in .mp4
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by robertoferrari View Post
    MPC-BE x64 plays perfectly your sample mov000.mp_ file, both audio and video, after renaming the extension in .mp4
    you're right !
    wonder why, they are the same mpc classic from klite but didnt play the file properly.
    still, my goal is to merge them all as one without weird tearing / skipping like what I got from avidemux.

at this point I learned that avi remux doesnt make the output video corrupted.
    only issue now is fixing the time stamps.
    MPCBE report the correct duration but a lot of converting programs cannot read the time duration properly.
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 11th Aug 2020 at 22:18.
    Quote Quote  
  26. btw, Im using mpegstreamclip https://www.videohelp.com/software/MPEG-StreamClip
    apparently it does fix the time codes at the cost of corrupted parts "time breaks" . I guess the number of time breaks corresponds the number of corrupted parts every now and then.
    is there a way to fix time codes / time breaks aside from mpegstreamclip?
    or
    is there a way to fix/ remove those frames/clips on the video during conversion
    Last edited by rjackdaw; 12th Aug 2020 at 05:06.
    Quote Quote  
  27. A whole month later, but I have the answer.

In my quest to decode this ancient format, I ended up finding a 7 year old decoding software for this specific format!!!

https://sourceforge.net/projects/mpdecoder/

This converts the .mp_ files to MPEG files, which I'm guessing was the source codec before UMEMARO applied his DRM on it and changed the format.
    The resulting .mpeg files are of the exact same size as .mp_ files so they're pretty much lossless.
    If you're using something like SVP, these files interpolate well to 60FPS.

Also these files wont directly mux with MKVTookNix, so you'll have to convert these using Handbrake first.
    Quote Quote