VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I just ripped a BluRay disc to my hard drive and used tsmuxer to extract the video, audio and subtitle tracks I wanted and then re-muxed them into an mkv with mkvmerge. It worked perfectly, except for the fact that I don't like the position on-screen where the subs are displayed...they are too high up on the screen. From what I've read, the position data is actually encoded into the sub data. Is there any utility out there that can take a .sup file and let me adjust the vertical placement data and re-create the sup file with new position data? I'm not looking to convert to any other format, sup gives me the best display quality (I'm using a WDTV Live plus), I just want the subs to be lower on the screen. (and yes I already checked to see if my player can move them, and it can't).
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BDsup2sub.jar can do that.

Under the edit dropdown there is a dropdown that indicates "move all captions".

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  3. I don't want to convert them to SUB/IDX. I want to keep them as BluRay subs. I tried using BDsup2sub and the resulting subs looked like crap. All I want is to take an existing SUP file and modify whatever bit holds the vertical position data and reduce that number. Is there anything out there that can do that?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The dopdown that says "Output Format" will allow you to save them as BD sup

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  5. I tried that but then when I re-mux them, they only show up for a milisecond and disappear. BDSup2Sub is messing them up somehow.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well! I don't know what to say to that.
    I knew that BDSup2Sub had those settings. I just never tried them. I always just convert to srt because my players will move the SRTs around as well as change the size.

You might try to change the other output possibilities such as framerate and resolution and see if you can get anything to work.

Tony
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see this is a really old thread, but I tried this on a blu-ray idx/sub and it worked fine.
    I exported it in the same format. I haven't tried it with a .sup yet.
    Thanks for the tip. I've been looking for a solution to this problem for years.
    Quote Quote