VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12
FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    normally, with JumpTable enabled, your post command will look something like this:
    <post>g1=1; call menu;</post>

remove the register setting like so:
    <post>call menu;</post>

By doing this, whatever g1 was before (when the button is clicked in this case), is what menu it will jump to.

I really have no idea what to tell you about your background music. You mentioned this before, and you said you got it to work, but you never explained what the problem was: https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=180017&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=270
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm not sure what the problem was myself. But I solved by setting the menu JPG as the video source and the audio file as the audio source in TMPGEnc Plus. I encoded it to MPEG-2. Then I demuxed it in TMPGEnc Plus so I get an M2V and a MP2 file. I use the M2V for the menu and then I use ffmpeg to convert the MP2 to AC3. It has worked before but I'm not sure why it doesn't work this time.

This is not working on my DVD player. When I open the VOBs in DVD Shrink and play the menu, the music is there.

Edit:
    I tried your jump table method, but I got this error:

**ERROR: [???] MUX STATUS: Frame data under-runs detected!

It's for my chapter menu. What does it mean?
    Quote Quote  
  3. I use the M2V for the menu and then I use ffmpeg to convert the MP2 to AC3
    Sometimes it helps to convert the mp2 to wav first, and then the wav to ac3 (at least with BeSweet it often helps...)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sakuya
    I tried your jump table method, but I got this error:

**ERROR: [???] MUX STATUS: Frame data under-runs detected!

It's for my chapter menu. What does it mean?
    This error is not related to JumpTable. It sounds like there were problems with the mpeg stream not being fully valid. Are you using quenc/nuenc/or freeenc? These encoders may not be fully compliant yet, depending on which version you are using.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I originally used TMPGEnc to mux the JPG menu and the audio file together. Then I de-muxed it and I used BeSweet to convert the MP2 to WAV and then to AC3. In dvdauthorgui, that error appeared due to the menu's M2V file. So, I used dvdauthorgui's M2V Still option to create a new M2V and used that for the menu (and the converted AC3). Now, the error has disappeared.

When I played the DVD, everything played like they're supposed to, the main menu had music, however, the chapters menu doesn't have music. I suspect that for the music to work, I have to use TMPGEnc's M2V file. How do I get rid of that frame under run?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hmm last night I could have sworn I saw a post saying you were having trouble with the XML. I actually added that feature to JumpTable this morning (the ability to go back to the menu that called the title). If anyone is still interested, you can find it here.
    https://www.videohelp.com/~liquid217/dvdauthorgui0.996bupdate.rar

Sakuya, why don't you use the m2v still function , and allow it to create a m2v with more than 1 frame? This is basically what you are doing it tmpgenc.
    Num of frames = number of seconds X framerate
    so if you want a 30 second clip, and your framerate is 29.97 (NTSC) = 900 frames
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks. That worked! Originally, I had a feeling I messed up the XML. But I got it fixed. Everything works. Thanks for all the help!
    Quote Quote  
  8. As this is the original thread regarding dvdauthor I was wondering if anyone could help with this post, as there have been no responses so far

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=256276

many thanks
    Zeul
    Author of NuMenu4u
    Quote Quote  
  9. No, there is no "full" documentation for dvdauthor. The best soure for additional information is the mailing list: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum_id=13261
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a question before I author my next project. I have a 16:9 M2V as well as three computer MPEG files that I want on the DVD. The computer files were from the net and has a size of 640x480. They're in full screen. Can I just put them into the project as is? Before, I've successfully put a 16:9 M2V along with several M1V files in full screen and it worked with no problems.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    640x480 isn't a valid DVD resolution.
    I don't think you can mix 16:9 and 4:3 in the same titleset either.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Then how come it worked when I put 16:9 M2V and 4:3 M1V together? That DVD is still playing with absolutely no problems. Is there a way to change the MPEG to 16:9? The MPEG has black bars at the top and bottom suggesting that it was widescreen. Can I just clip that out and reconvert to M2V? If so, how do I clip it out? Also, the first MPEG has 24FPS.

If that's not possible, maybe I will try Borax's GUI.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Who knows - It's not in the DVD specs, most authoring apps refuse to author 16:9 and 4:3 in the same titleset.
    That some players don't enforce standard, is no reason to create non standard DVD?
    24 fps is also not a DVD standard frame rate.
    Trying to find authoring apps that don't check the source material for standard compliance wont do you much good, if you don't intend to keep your DVDs to yourself, and keep your relaxed std DVD player for the forseeable future.

/Mats
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Borax's GUI allows multiple titlesets so I can do this. But I'm having a bit of limitations in making the menu. If I can somehow convert that 4:3 to 16:9, that would be great. I can convert the 24 fps to 23.976 with 3:2 pulldown in TMPGEnc since I need to convert it to a DVD compliant size anyway. So, just need to find a way to crop.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm having some problems adding IDX/SUB subtitles to a VOB and then authoring. The subtitles are in Chinese and I have selected MS Gothic font with BIG5 character set. But when authoring, it gives me this error:

Code:
    DVDAuthorGUI 1.008 - 1/10/2006
    Send problems with DVDAuthorGUI to liquid_217@hotmail.com 
     ***please wait while the titles are multiplexed. 
     *processing subtitles for title: 1 sub 1... 
     DVDAuthor::spumux, version 0.6.12-alpha-2907. 
     Build options: gnugetopt iconv freetype 
     Send bugs to <dvdauthor-users@lists.sourceforge.net> 

INFO: Locale=C 
     INFO: Converting filenames to US-ASCII 
     INFO: Detected subtitle file format: subviewer 2.0 
     INFO: Opened iconv descriptor. *UTF-8* *BIG5* 
     INFO: Read 0 subtitles 
     INFO: Unicode font: 14964 glyphs. 
     ERR: Couldn't load file E:\chi.sub. 

Process aborted due to above error
    There was an unknown error.  Please review the log for more information.
    Also of note is that I have burned DVDs with Big5 Chinese subs in SRT format before. On the computer it shows fine. On the DVD player it also shows fine but occasionally, a character would be replaced by a _. I think there was about 3 characters out of one whole movie that were replaced by a _. Should I be using the BIG5-HKSCS?
    Quote Quote