VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello you super smart people! Really hoping someone can help...

Years ago I recorded a ton of videos on my digital camcorder, and recently found a working one to finally do something with all of these tapes. It includes long talks with my dad who recently passed, so I'm extra desperate to get this old media converted to our current digital standard.

Problem is, I can't for the life of me get any of my programs or computer to recognize this camcorder! iMovie shows no device available to import, the Sony Mac software I was able to download is so old it's not even supported anymore... I'm going nuts downloading and failing over here. I have the full Adobe Suite, not sure if there's something in there that might work.

I'll try anything. Right now I'm connecting with a 4-pin connection on the camcorder to USB-C but have other cables in a drawer should I need to try anything else. Would be so, so grateful to get this figured out.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by strictlyprickles View Post
    Hello you super smart people! Really hoping someone can help...

Years ago I recorded a ton of videos on my digital camcorder, and recently found a working one to finally do something with all of these tapes. It includes long talks with my dad who recently passed, so I'm extra desperate to get this old media converted to our current digital standard.

Problem is, I can't for the life of me get any of my programs or computer to recognize this camcorder! iMovie shows no device available to import, the Sony Mac software I was able to download is so old it's not even supported anymore... I'm going nuts downloading and failing over here. I have the full Adobe Suite, not sure if there's something in there that might work.

I'll try anything. Right now I'm connecting with a 4-pin connection on the camcorder to USB-C but have other cables in a drawer should I need to try anything else. Would be so, so grateful to get this figured out.
    see the pdf guide here - https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/res/manuals/3079/30794671M.pdf
    scroll down to page 205 for mac computers.
    Quote Quote