VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. i need to open aaa.ogg
    and amplify or lower the sound and save it, hopefully saves it to the same file size, a PC game called battle isle incubation has a file modification protection. the intro and cutscene voices in there are too low.

i dont have an OGG editor, so i must have used one of the online OGG editors long ago and now i forgot how because none of online editing things are working at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Use audacity.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the game has any sort of file modification protection, as you say, odds are that the game is going to check more than just the size of the files. It'll probably check things like the checksum of the individual files... and since it's edited, the file will have a different checksum.
    If cameras add ten pounds, why would people want to eat them?
    Quote Quote  
  4. is audacity the main sound editor as irfanview is to the graphic editor?

i selected
    effect - volume and compression - amplify - i chose 8dB, the scoll bar didnt move that much. i dont know exactly what clipping is but the output OGG has a lot of noises, noises like when you hear from the cosmo's background static noises or from a geiger counter
    i d prefer intuitive 200% 300% ...

it turned out that its music OGG files didnt have the file modification protection, so i will try to turn it iinto WAV and edit it and re-convert it to OGG

if you have a chance to see this game intro cutscene file, please check how low the sound is
    c:\Incubation and Wilderness\music\Track12.ogg

even if i didnt edit or touch loaded OGG files, adacity bugs me to go through "save project before closing" question every single file. i didnt find a setting to disable the prompt

audacity is little too big for what i need, maybe would you suggest other editors?
    Quote Quote  
  5. >> checksum

i cant delete this file M:\Harry Potter 2\help\EALogo1.bmp to play the game, so i painted with a white block, it worked, but it had to be the same file size.

i couldnt even delete a junk file like Incubation.ico, the game stops and asks for a reinstallation in XP, but now i checked it in win10, i was able to delete it and play the game, so Win10 with an emulator makes the difference somehow. i couldnt turn off music, (according to my note) "i had to use OGG editor and made amplitude 0 and saved it from Arack01.ogg ~ Arack14.ogg". i didnt have this unknown OGG editor but i remember making all amplitude 0 long long ago, i forgot what i did.
    i couldnt delete these music files or replace with 1 sec long ogg files.

if checksum is based on some file creation date or modification date or access date, i will ask about it here or give up. but i will try to replace it with a ripped file with the same file size 1st.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by sommers View Post
    audacity is little too big for what i need, maybe would you suggest other editors?
    You can use clever FFmpeg-GUI, small, portable, no installation.
    Load your ogg, click main, click convert audio stream, click go to the encoder:
    Here you can:
    - increase the volume by inserting a given db value
    - or do a loudness normalization with LoudNorm Filter
    - or do a dynamic loudness normalization with the DynAudNorm Filter.
    Make your choice, then click convert.
    If done, enjoy your new created ogg file in the target folder.

[Attachment 67516 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote