VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    This could probably append the existing VirtualDub editing guide - there was a question on it in the Newbie Conversion area.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Use a newer version of vdub

Open VirtualDub
    Select under BOTH Audio and Video - Direct Stream Copy

1. Open the file
    2. go to file - append video
    3. open the second clip
    4. go to file - append video
    5. repeat if necessary

Last save the the new clip with File->Save as AVI

or you can use Sonic Foundry Vegas Video or Premiere, load up all your clips, back to back, but then you'd have to re-render (as an avi or export to another format obviously) - Vdub will provide a quick and easy joined copy providing they're all the same sampling, frame rate, etc....
    ~~~Spidey~~~

"Gonna find my time in Heaven, cause I did my time in Hell........I wasn't looking too good, but I was feeling real well......" - The Man - Keef Riffards
    Quote Quote  
  2. You can still join two avi's if you get the warning that they are not the same sampling rate etc.
    Just dub out the two avi's with V dub individually to give them the same characteristics before trying to join them.

Mark

PS: read "Martyn1980" 's participation in this thread:
    http://www.vcdhelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=97784&highlight=
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks for the mention.

Quote Quote  
  4. Hi there,
    I am trying to cut a movie in to two parts with Virtaul dub.But
    unfortunately i could not suceed.Is anyone out there who can helper?
    or who can tell me which Tool i can use to cut this in to two parts.
    Please help
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    its late and im tired so i'll make this quick.

Put your avi into Virtual Dub, got to edit then click on beginning, click on set selection start, then click on go to and tyoe in the time whch would be half way through the film, use the arrow keys to move the time forward or backwards so your not ending in the middle of a scene, then click on set selection end, you should now have a blue bar running half way across the bottom of Virtual Dub, now go to the audio and video menus and make sure direct stream copy is selected on both of them, now click save as avi and wait.

Do the same for the second part, but set your start point as the end of the last one and click on end to take you to the end

If the audio goes out of sync then your using a VBR mp3 and have to select Full Processing in the audio tab, but thats a different story.

Let me know how u get on.

Quote Quote