VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have two 8mm film audio files that comes from the same source. First audio is played on a projector and is in sync with the video but bad quality due to damaged sprocket holes. The second audio is captured from a sprocket less 8mm sound editor, audio is good quality but out of sync with the video. I've changed the speed of the second audio so it matched the duration of the first audio but it's still out of sync. I've attached a pic of the waveform of the two audios.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	8mm audio sync.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	467.0 KB
ID:	52574  

Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    I've changed the speed of the second audio so it matched the duration of the first audio but it's still out of sync.
    It looks to me like you only have to set the correct delay. Can't you delay the bottom audio so that it matches the top audio? And that bottom one clips, too.
    Quote Quote  
  3. No I don't think delay will work because both audio runs at different variable speeds. Top audio from projector runs at 18fps +/- X%, bottom audio from sound editor runs at 18fps +/- Y%.

Thought there is some AI magical audio software that can superimpose one audio onto another by matching the waveform, guess not.

Is there an audio software that allows you to select a portion of the audio and stretch/compress it with your mouse so I can match the bottom waveform as close to the top one kinda like an image editor?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Try my clever FFmpeg gui, Audio track modifying section.
    try different coefficients until your result fits. The audio can be saved as AAC, AC3 or WAV.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	52575

https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/396490-clever-FFmpeg-GUI-a-new-small-GUI-for-FFmpeg
    Quote Quote  
  5. I found a workaround. Divide into segments and change the speed/duration of each segment of the 2nd audio track to the 1st audio track, so they end up aligned to each other.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    protools w vocalign plugin!
    works beautifully for diaogue, overdubs, adr, etc.

if you are trying to align stuff w music in it, you will always have issues w artifacts, unless it is either a simple shift or time-comp, or unless the 2 are really close together and only need a minute adjustment.
    +1 on segmenting the edits.

scott
    Quote Quote  
  7. Wow That's what I'm looking for. I'll try it out. I'll post back whether it works or not.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    FYI, $$$ (or, used to be)

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  9. OK forget it then. No trial offers.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by digicube View Post
    Is there an audio software that allows you to select a portion of the audio and stretch/compress it with your mouse so I can match the bottom waveform as close to the top one kinda like an image editor?
    You should be able to do it right there in Audacity by splitting up the track and adjusting segments as you go.

You can certainly do it with a mouse in Audition or Premiere.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Downloaded the trial version of RevoicePro4 and is impressed with its alignment capability. It's $600 so I'll wait for a discount offer like $300.
    Last edited by digicube; 3rd Apr 2020 at 21:14.
    Quote Quote