VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Hello,

Searching the archives returned nothing, and the Google Play app store has tens's of them.

I'd like to record audio with a small MP3 device, while shooting video from afar with a camcorder.

To try and sync audio and video afterwards, I need to play a clap when launching both devices.

Do you know of a simple and free app for Android?

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I like Digital Clapper (dclap.com), and have used it a number of times, but for some reason, it now is difficult to seach the store for.

Best one is an iPhone one called Movie Slate, but it is currently only iOS, and it costs something.

Dclap seems to me to be the nearest pro-acting one you can get on Android, free or not.

I wish it were a little more editable in the markslate & credits section, and it should incorporate LTC out of the audio jack to be truly pro, but otherwise am quite happy with it.

Scott
    Last edited by Cornucopia; 9th Feb 2020 at 11:15.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks. Indeed, it's MIA.

I'll just generate a pure, one-second sound with Audacity, and play it with eg. VLC. That should the job.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Since it doesn't currently seem available, I've uploaded my copy in zip archive.

Here's the link: https://files.videohelp.com/u/7871/Digital%20Clapper_2.0.4.apk.zip

Use it if you want, or not.

Hope that helps,

Scott
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    Thanks!

---
    Edit: For others' benefit, I attached a WAV file that plays a clapper sound three times, as an easy way to locate and sync audio tracks in an NLE.
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by yetanotherlogin; 10th Feb 2020 at 07:40.
    Quote Quote