VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I using foobar2000 with qaac to encode my audios, but recently i take the audio of an anime with 3.0 channels and the foobar give me error when i try to convert, anyone know why? how can i encode this audio 3.0?
    Quote Quote  
  2. WalterC
    maybe you need another converter online, try savefrom4k.net
    Quote Quote  
  3. Perhaps XMedia Recode does support 3.0 channels
    Quote Quote  
  4. It shouldn't be foobar2000's fault. The only explanation I can think of is you're using a fairly old version of CoreAudioToolbox.dll (from itunes), or the audio has a strange 3ch layout, because 3ch audio has been supported by CoreAudioToolbox since version 7.9.8.1.
    https://github.com/nu774/qaac/wiki/Multichannel--handling
    I'm currently using version 7.10.9.0. I think the newer iTunes has a never version still, but it doesn't run on XP.
    What's the error message? Here's the output of the foobar2000 console when I converted a (home made via the matrix mixer DSP) 3ch source (FL FR FC).

Destination file: D:\test.m4a
    Encoder stream format: 44100Hz / 3ch / 32bps
    Command line: "C:\Program Files\foobar2000\encoders\QAAC\qaac.exe" --ignorelength -s --no-optimize -V 91 -o "test.m4a" -
    Working folder: D:\
    Encoder process still running, waiting...
    Encoder process terminated cleanly.
    Track converted successfully.
    Total encoding time: 0:12.391, 22.77x realtime
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The error in foobar2000 is code 2(0x00000002) with qaac, i downloaded latest version of itunes and extract the folder qtfiles, i think qaac dont support 3.0.
    Quote Quote  
  6. It does support 3ch (as you can see from my previous conversion), but it will reject an unsupported channel layout. There's a standard 3ch layout sample attached. I just added the left and right channels to the centre channel to test it.

Try playing the original audio in fb2k while enabling the peak output meters under "View/Visualisations/Peak Meter", assuming you haven't already added the Peak Meter to the GUI. It should look something like the attached screenshot and the channels in the source are shown at the bottom or the side. You can right click or double click on the output meter to view it in full screen mode if it helps. If the audio isn't the standard AAC 3ch layout (FL,FR,FC), you'll have to use a DSP when converting, possibly to downmix to stereo first, or it's possible with a third party DSP to add empty channels so you can encode it as standard 5.1ch. That sort of thing. If you need further help, post back with info on the channel layout.
    Image Attached Images  
    Image Attached Files
    Quote Quote