Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    not unless you still have the originals
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    not unless you still have the originals
    I see.. Well at least I learned something, next time I'll set the encoder to convert the audio to 48khz for everything. Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Messed up how?
    The audio doesn't sync with the people talking and such?

Or it sounds wrong?

If it's the first, yes.
    You'd have to cut the audio out for each clip section, resample it to match the video, combine. You'd use markers on the video and audio tracks indicating key points to align both.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Obsolete
    Last edited by Felow; 13th Nov 2020 at 00:42.
    Quote Quote  
  6. That's Nice!
    But I wonder what format the audio is in....

Right-click on the file, properties -> under the details tab I believe.
    Or
    Try media player home classic mphc.
    Play the file, right click on the window, properties -> last codec tab.

What format, bitrate, is the audio?
    (E.g. Mp3 44.1khz 320 kpbs)

What program did you use to create it?

Very odd vlc doesn't play it correctly, so want to make sure nothing's wrong for the future for the settings.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by babygdav View Post
    That's Nice!
    But I wonder what format the audio is in....

Right-click on the file, properties -> under the details tab I believe.
    Or
    Try media player home classic mphc.
    Play the file, right click on the window, properties -> last codec tab.

What format, bitrate, is the audio?
    (E.g. Mp3 44.1khz 320 kpbs)

What program did you use to create it?

Very odd vlc doesn't play it correctly, so want to make sure nothing's wrong for the future for the settings.
    I guess media info has more info so here you go: Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity
    Codec ID : A_AAC-2
    Duration : 3 h 13 min
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel layout : L R
    Sampling rate : 44.1 kHz
    Frame rate : 43.066 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : -46 ms
    Title : Stereo
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

Edit: Solved the problem by changing the audio codec using ffmpeg: ffmpeg -i 1.mkv -acodec mp3 -vcodec copy out.mkv
    Last edited by Felow; 9th Jan 2020 at 00:49. Reason: Solved
    Quote Quote  
  8. Nice!
    Stick with tried and true codecs like MP4 and MP3 to prevent major issues. These are almost dummy proof.

As for combining videos with different bitrates, resolutions, and such, usually, most modern, top video editors like Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Vegas Video, and Blackmagic Davinci will let you add them all onto one timeline, export to one combined, properly playing file.

Of these, two are free - Avid Media First and Blackmagic Davinci. Try Blackmagic first since it has recently added a powerful audio editor.

If you use ffmpeg, certain switches may be useful - video_track_timescale, itsoffset, concat, ar, asetrate.
    Because there are so many recording bitrates, frequencies, bit depths, formats, etc, etc., you will have to manually confirm the sync of combined clips until you get the hang of whatever you need to do to get those clips to combine properly.

However, it can be far easier to drop the videos into Blackmagic (and even if just for the audio, export the combined audio track into a file you can combine with the videos in ffmpeg.).
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by babygdav View Post
    Nice!
    Stick with tried and true codecs like MP4 and MP3 to prevent major issues. These are almost dummy proof.

As for combining videos with different bitrates, resolutions, and such, usually, most modern, top video editors like Adobe Premiere, Avid Media Composer, Vegas Video, and Blackmagic Davinci will let you add them all onto one timeline, export to one combined, properly playing file.

Of these, two are free - Avid Media First and Blackmagic Davinci. Try Blackmagic first since it has recently added a powerful audio editor.

If you use ffmpeg, certain switches may be useful - video_track_timescale, itsoffset, concat, ar, asetrate.
    Because there are so many recording bitrates, frequencies, bit depths, formats, etc, etc., you will have to manually confirm the sync of combined clips until you get the hang of whatever you need to do to get those clips to combine properly.

However, it can be far easier to drop the videos into Blackmagic (and even if just for the audio, export the combined audio track into a file you can combine with the videos in ffmpeg.).
    I usually use avidemux to cut and merge and avoid ffmpeg I only use it as a last resort since the commands are hard to remember and I prefer a GUI. I will try Blackmagic tonight and see how it it's thanks.
    Quote Quote