VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27
FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27
Thread
  1. If the MKV video stream is x264, the program will not re-encode it but simply copy it as it is in the new MP4 container.

If the audio is already AAC, the same will apply. If it's AC3 (DTS) it will be converted. In this case choose the AAC that best matches the original (AAC multichannel) and increase the quality level (e.g. 80%). You can keep the original AC3 if you want

Remember also that you can include in the MP4 subtitles already present in the mkv (if they are txt) or external .srt (rename the file as the video file but the extension)
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by oreons View Post
    Download - http://www.mediafire.com/?1a0oc04u539b5eg
    Features:
    - Change the container to Mp4 without transcoding video (If the original video in h264 format)
    - Support for multiple internal and external audio tracks
    - Support subtitle formats: srt, ass, ssa, ttxt. Changing colors for subtitles.
    - Add and edit tags for Mp4 files (m4v, m4a, m4b)
    - Artworks and chapters for Mp4 files. Notepad++ Malwarebytes FileZilla
    - Encode video for non-h264
    - Correction of the atoms in Mp4 files to be able to change the audio and subtitle on Apple devices.
    - Searching tags on TheTvDB, TheMovieDB and iTunes web sites
    - English and Russian interface.

Requirements:
    Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package for WinXP only
    QuickTime codec (recommended)

Screenshots:
    [Attachment 13392 - Click to enlarge]

THANKS FOR THIS GREAT PROGRAM !!!! i KNEW IT THAT SOMEONE WILL DEVELOPED THIS KIND OF GREAT SOFTWARE...ALL I GOT TO DO IS JUST WAIT AND PATIENCE....THEN, YOU ARE THE ONE!!! THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!
    Last edited by arnaldpirotty; 1st Nov 2018 at 14:01.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Can you add external subtitles and burn them into the output file?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by elyeh View Post
    So is this a new version of the original?
    Just wondering if this is a updated version of the original program?
    Quote Quote  
  5. In the Audio Settings:
    For ACC what is the difference between ACC 2.0 and Acc Multi Channel? Which one should be used?

For AC3, What is AC3 pass thru? In the same tab for DRC, What is AC3 Heavy? When should you use it? and SOX... Again when shold you us it. I notice it is not a default option.

Thanks for any answers.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Is anyone here anymore??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Is anyone here anymore??
    Yes, but not too frequently. Oreons has abandoned this software a long time ago.

For ACC what is the difference between ACC 2.0 and Acc Multi Channel? Which one should be used?
    For AC3, What is AC3 pass thru? In the same tab for DRC, What is AC3 Heavy? When should you use it? and SOX... Again when shold you us it. I notice it is not a default option.
    The name is AAC, not ACC. If you want to use 2.0 (Stereo) or Multi-Channel (e.g. 6-ch surround) is up to you. If the source audio is 6-ch then you can avoid reencoding the audio by specifying Multi Channel. If your priority is saving space then you can let the software downmix the source audio to stereo.

AC3 pass thru means that the software will use the source AC3 audio and not transcode it to AAC. The MP4 standard allows both audio formats today, but AAC is way more popular in MP4, and you might come across a player which will refuse to play AC3 audio within an MP4 container.

DRC stands for Dynamic Range Compression. In short this will reduce the difference between the loudest and the low volume parts of the audio. This can be useful if you are listening to audio with a high dynamic range in an environment where this range cannot be reproduced. I.E. listening to a symphony at very low volume at night, or listening at high environment noise level in a car. AC3 Heavy is a compression method implemented in the "Azid" software, and SoX is a Swiss Army Knife tool for all kinds of audio manipulation. If you need DRC at all is up to you, and you need to decide which method is better for your needs. AC3 Heavy implements a stronger compression than SoX (using the MKVtoMP4 parameters), but for SoX you can edit these parameters. You will need to do some tests...

Just wondering if this is a updated version of the original program?
    No, it is not. The latest version by Oreons is 0.224 from September 2013. The new upload by Rat O.o just replaces some of the helper tools with current versions, which is very useful.

Can you add external subtitles and burn them into the output file?
    AFAIK yes you can...

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 20th Nov 2018 at 10:21.
    Quote Quote  
  8. so many tools here, anyone found the perfect one?
    Quote Quote  
  9. manolito,

Thank you so very much for explaining all that. I is very helpful and probably the best explanation in the whole 27 pages.

In regards to adding a srt to the repack, Can you tell me where and how?

I have been using this program for a couple years and I know it will resize or change the color of the subtitle if it's already in the original.

I have yet to figure out how to add an external srt to the process, if it is possible.

Again,

Thank you.
    Quote Quote  
  10. In the audio tab what is the "normalize" option used for?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Adding an external SRT subs file is quite easy...

If your SRT file is in the same folder as your video source clip and also has the same file name then MkvToMp4 should automatically detect the subs file and include it in the lower window of the start screen. If the subs file is in a different folder or/and has a different name then you need to right-click on an empty area in the lower window and select "Add Track".

Normalizing Audio means that the audio level is adjusted so that the highest peak will be exactly at the maximum level of 0 dB. This means that all bits for this highest peak will be at 1, in digital audio you cannot go any higher unless you want clipping. And this would mean nasty audible distortion. This thing is called "Peak Normalization"

It is a common misconception that peak normalizing will result in an even loudness level for multiple clips. It will not, simply because the peaks are not correlated to the perceived loudness. Peaks are very short in nature, they mostly come from percussive instruments or synthesizers. If you want an even perceived loudness you need to use "Loudness Normalization" which is a very different beast (ReplayGain or the more current BS1770 or EBU R128 normalization standard).

Also keep in mind that peak normalization will NOT reduce the dynamic range of the source. If you want this then you need to apply DRC (Dynamic Range Compression). It is common practice to use additional peak normalization after DRC. The default SoX command in MkvToMp4 is "compand 0.0,1 6:-70,-43,-20 -6 -90 0.1 gain -n -0.1 treble +0.1" which will normalize the output to -0.1 dB after the compression.

Cheers
    manolito
    Last edited by manolito; 22nd Nov 2018 at 14:16.
    Quote Quote  
  12. <<<<Adding an external SRT subs file is quite easy...

If your SRT file is in the same folder as your video source clip and also has the same file name then MkvToMp4 should automatically detect the subs file and include it in the lower window of the start screen. If the subs file is in a different folder or/and has a different name then you need to right-click on an empty area in the lower window and select "Add Track".>>>>

Ok I right click on the lower section and I get " add stream" I take it this is for an external .srt

Anyway it adds the .srt but does not "burn" it into the video, so even though its added it does not show up when I watch it on my TV
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Right Click.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	156.6 KB
ID:	47305  

Click image for larger version

Name:	srt added.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	47306  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You can check if the external SRT is in your resulting MP4 by analyzing the file with MediaInfo. Or play the file on your computer with MPC-HC or VLC and check if these external subs are selectable. If your TV plays these subs or not is a different story, this is nothing I can help you with...

If you cannot get it to work with MkvToMp4 you could try to add the external SRT to the MP4 you got from MkvToMp4 using MP4Tool
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/MP4-tool
    or YAMB
    https://www.videohelp.com/software/YAMB
    Do NOT use the installer version for the latest YAMB, trying to uninstall it will destroy your start menu links completely.
    Last edited by manolito; 25th Nov 2018 at 19:37.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Yes VLC plays the subs as they are added.

But as far as embedding them into a video so they are burned in, MKV to MP4 dosent have the ability. Only program I found that does it is DIVX.

It would be a great feature to add to MKV to Mp4 if it was ever updated
    Quote Quote  
  15. I am new not sure where post my question I have a windows 10 pc but when I covert it to mp4 the dimension are 1980 x 800 please help
    [Attachment 47538 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  16. The video is NOT converted so it stays exactly the same resolution (1280x720 in your example)
    Quote Quote  
  17. Not sure how often this forum gets read, but I am looking for some advice. Years and years ago I set up mkvtomp4, and a lot of the time I would use it to change mp4 to m4v in order to play videos via my AppleTV However, I had some computer issues and, long story short, I had to redownload it. However, I feel like such an idiot because I cannot remember what settings I had set up in the program on my "old" computer. I used to change them from mp4 to m4v and they would go to a separate output folder, but now when I try to do that nothing goes to the output folder and the file is changed and remains in the old folder.

Anyway, I managed to dig through my computer and find an old log of what I used to have mkvtomp4 do to my mp4s, can someone explain to me what the settings should be in mkvtomp4 if I want to do everything the way I used to? (Sorry if this is an idiotic question, I just cannot remember what I had set up).

Log on old computer (what on earth was I doing, how can I recreate this?)

Started processing file: F:/Sheba.Baby/Sheba.Baby.mp4
    Starting Mp4Box with the parameters:
    ../Tools/mp4box/x64/Mp4Box -raw 1 -out "../Temp/video.264" "F:/Sheba.Baby/Sheba.Baby.mp4" -tmp "../Temp/Mp4Box"
    Extracting MPEG-4 AVC-H264 stream to h264
    ../Tools/mp4box/x64/Mp4Box -raw 2 -out "../Temp/Sheba.Baby_internal_audio_2.AAC" "F:/Sheba.Baby/Sheba.Baby.mp4" -tmp "../Temp/Mp4Box"
    Extracting MPEG-4 AAC
    Starting Eac3To with the parameters:
    ..\Tools\eac3to\eac3to "C:\Downloads\MkvToMp4_0.224\Temp\Sheba.Baby_inter nal_audio_2.AAC" "..\Temp\Sheba.Baby_internal_audio_2_new.AAC" +83ms -progressnumbers
    AAC, 1.0 channels, 48kHz
    Applying AAC delay...
    A remaining delay of -2ms could not be fixed.
    Creating file "..\Temp\Sheba.Baby_internal_audio_2_new.AAC". ..
    Done.
    ../Tools/mp4box/x64/MP4Box.exe -new -add "../Temp/video.264":fps=23.976:lang=eng:name="" -add "C:/Downloads/MkvToMp4_0.224/Temp/Sheba.Baby_internal_audio_2_new.AAC"#1:fps=23.976: lang=eng:name="" -itags tool="MkvToMp4 version 0.224 (x64)" "D:/\Sheba.Baby_new.m4v" -tmp "../Temp/Mp4Box"
    AVC-H264 import - frame size 1920 x 1040 at 23.976 FPS
    AVC Import results: 129031 samples - Slices: 959 I 38074 P 89998 B - 1 SEI - 846 IDR
    Stream uses forward prediction - stream CTS offset: 2 frames
    AAC ADTS import - sample rate 48000 - MPEG-4 audio - 1 channel
    Setting up iTunes/iPod file...
    Saving D:/\Sheba.Baby_new.m4v: 0.500 secs Interleaving
    Correction mp4 file.
    TKHD atom correction for video. TRAK 1
    TKHD atom correction for audio. TRAK 2
    Writing tags in file: D:/\Sheba.Baby_new.m4v
    Open result file D:/\Sheba.Baby_new.m4v for test.
    The file <b>F:/Sheba.Baby.mp4</b> is processed successfully
    File processing time: 2 min. 18 sec.
    On new computer, I get this:

Started processing file: E:/The.Dark.Mirror/The.Dark.Mirror.mp4
    TKHD atom correction for video. TRAK 1
    TKHD atom correction for audio. TRAK 2
    File processing time: 0 sec.
    What did I used to do differently (I can't believe I forgot how to use this program!!)??
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Under "Setup -> General" you can specify the target folder. Don't forget to click "Save" before exiting the setup page.

I am not familiar with the Apple world, but I do not understand why you need MkvToMp4 to convert an MP4 file to M4V. AFAIK the only difference between the two formats is that M4V can optionally hold the Apple DRM implementation. But if your source file is MP4 which cannot have DRM then why don't you just change the file extension from mp4 to m4v? With the changed extension all Apple devices should be able to play it.

Cheers
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  19. you can also look at some of the topics manolito answered for in regards to audio (at the beginning of this page)

That should help you get set up as well
    Quote Quote  
  20. Whenever I render a video from a mkv file to an mp4 one, and afterwards try to watch it, it's a black screen. When I paste the rendered video into Sony Vegas Pro 14, it becomes a black screen. I'm guessing the file gets corrupted. Any ideas on how I can fix that?
    Quote Quote  
  21. Have you tried viewing it VLC to make sure the file is good?
    Also you are converting to MP4 not mpv correct?
    Quote Quote  
  22. Yes, I've viewed it through VLC and everything is alright through the file. And I also am converting it to an mp4.
    Quote Quote  
  23. you got me.

Try using Handbrake.

There are some encodes that don't convert well. I sometimes get a yellow triangle that tells me it had a problem. usually video is OK but no audio.
    Doesn't happen often, but when it does Ill use handbrake for that file.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,
    Thanks for the great program.
    Am I right in saying that this program can not reduce the file size of a large MKV ? This is because it does not re-encode the video. I have some large MKV files that I want to make into smaller MP4 files.

Many thanks again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MkvToMp4 does not reencode by default if the source format is already Mp4 compliant. But users can force the software to reencode the source tracks.

Open the source video, in the lower window highlight the video track. Click on "Edit Track". Tick the "Encode" checkmark. Then you can change the preset and/or reduce the resolution to make the target smaller.

Good luck
    manolito
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Many thanks for your reply. I'll give it a go.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hi, thanks for keeping this awesome program up to date.

But there's an issue with tagging some TV-Series.

When i try to search for tags choosing TV-Show section and entering the Show's name/season/series, nothing happens.

The movie section works fine, but the TV-Show section not even trying to find any tags.

Is it possible to fix?
    Quote Quote  
  28. I think the development of this program has been abandoned, so I don't think new versions will appear anymore.
    Quote Quote  
  29. FWIW I came across a problem when adding a subtitle as an extra track to an mp4 video. The audio track was being modified somehow and the audio was progressivly lagging toward the end of the movie (a noticable 1/2 second out after an hour) I tried other movies and changing mkv2mp4 settings but always got the same problem. As a workaround, I managed to embed the subtitle track without problems using
    Code:
    mkv2mp4\Tools\ffmpeg\x64\ffmpeg.exe
    from the command. prompt. Using the command
    Code:
    ffmpeg -i inputfile.mp4 -f srt -i inputfile.srt -map 0:0 -map 0:1 -map 1:0 -c:v copy -c:a copy -c:s mov_text outputfile.mp4
    quickly seemed to do the job for me.
    Quote Quote