VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello, im trying to remove what looks to be hidden metadata in an mp4 file and possibly change the data to something else

i have tried exiftools, but that doesnt seem to support mp4's well writing to them anyway

does anyone have any suggestions, mediainfo doesn't even dispaly the tag i want changed/removed, whears exiftools does but it wont write to the file

as you can see the above ive cropped the image to show the tag i want to change/remove

anyhelp would be greatly appreciated

regards
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You can try mp4box, see http://sergey.marechek.com/blog/2012/01/07/149/ and see if it removes the metadata.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi baldrick, thanks for the reply, ive just give that a go but im not the best with the command lines, mp4 box actually installed as osmo4, i treid basically running a simlar command in the mini guide above but got no were unfortuantely

maybe im doing something wrong?

as always any input would be appreciated

regards
    Quote Quote  
  4. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Find mp4box.exe in the folders where you installed it and put in for example c:\temp .
    Put your mp4 in same folder.
    Open a command prompt, windows start and type cmd in the run box.

Type
    Code:
    cd \temp
    mp4box -add video.mp4 newvideo.mp4 -new
    Quote Quote  
  5. fantastic bladrik, thats seems to have stripped the tags, i wonder if i have a folder with 100 mp4s, would i have to do it to each one individually, and rename them to video.mp4 etc, then rename the converted file to the newly created file? or is there a way of batch processing it? its dlightly different to the scrub option listed in the link u posted?

also as this mp4box seems to strip the tags, and the "copyright seems to be hidden, and alot of programs like foobar cant view the particular tag i want to change, however exiftools does, but doesnt support mp4's yet!

do you know of any software that would actually let me edit the copyright and certain hidden metadatas to another value rather than strip it?

kindest regards
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MetaX isn't free but at $9.99 is will do what you want and even download cover art if you choose.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_20 Aug. 20 00.10.jpg
Views:	649
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	19429
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenHunter_20 Aug. 20 00.12.jpg
Views:	8513
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	19430
    And no this is not an illegal IronMan copy. It was a short MP4 segment that I worked with the author because after editing certain MP4's, they would not play without using a hex editor to correct. Hence the Cover art character.
    Quote Quote