VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I won't bore you with all the detail but I have an example of a video that I am having difficulty playing. I'm trying to convert it to something that I want and is playable.

The original video is HEVC.

The audio is:
    Format/Info: Meridian Lossless Packing FBA with 16-channel presentation
    Commercial name: Dolby TrueHD with Dolby Atmos

I want to convert the video to H264 but keep the audio unchanged. That way, I have a media player that will play it.

I have been using Handbrake to make the conversion. The video conversion works but no matter what audio option that I try, the audio gets converted to some other format.

Can anyone provide a suggest a method to convert the video but leave the audio unchanged?
    Quote Quote  
  2. 1. Are you using the latest HandBrake version? (v1.3.2)
    2. Did you set output container to MKV or to something else?
    3. Did you select "Auto Passthru" for the TrueHD/Atmos track?
    Quote Quote  
  3. i have the same question, please someone help me to know how to do it
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
    1. Are you using the latest HandBrake version? (v1.3.2)
    2. Did you set output container to MKV or to something else?
    3. Did you select "Auto Passthru" for the TrueHD/Atmos track?
    Thank you for your suggestion. It worked.

It's interesting however, I had version 0.10.5.0 of Handbrake. From within the program, I clicked "Check for updates" and it reported "no update available". Based on your recommendation, I went directly to the Handbrake site to find version 1.3.2, downloaded and installed it. The new version had the necessary options to do exactly what I wanted.

SUCCESS!

I am a little embarrassed. I should have directly checked for the update before posting my question.

Thank you again for your help and being kind with your rely.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by gonccamila1 View Post
    i have the same question, please someone help me to know how to do it
    Assuming that you have a video that has the video encoded HEVC and audio Dolby TrueHD ATMOS and you want to change the video to H264 and leave the audio unchanged, here's how to do it:

1. Load your video into Handbrake v1.3.2
    2. In the "Preset" box, click the triangle and choose the desired video output. In my case, I chose "Matroska/H264 MKV 1080p30"
    3. Click on the "Audio" tab. In the "Codec" box, open the dropdown list and chose "Auto Passthru".
    4. Note the dialogue box at the bottom of the program. This is the location and file name where the re-encoded video will be stored. You can change the location and name if you wish.
    5. Click the green "Start Encode" button at the top of the window.
    6. Wait until it is finished.

If you want to make sure that you get the results that you want, open the converted video in a program called Mediainfo. This will show you complete details of the video.

Good Luck!
    Quote Quote