VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Sorry to show my ignorance but will any dvd drive or dvd burner read ram discs? I am on the verge of buying either the Philips DVDR70 or the Panasonic DMRE50EBS. Obviously one does +RW the other does RAM. My two dvd drives in my pc are the Pioneer DVD-106 Rom drive and the Pioneer DVR-106D +/-R/RW drive. Now there is only £10 difference between them online but I want to make sure I pick the right one.

TIA

PS. I did have the Grundig DVDR550 but took it back today because it didn't output DD5.1 and they did not have any more in stock. My mate also had one and took it back because he got horrid yellow lines down the screen when he switched to SCART. I had that once or twice too. Not gonna take the risk of holding onto mine.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by -BA-
    ...will any dvd drive or dvd burner read ram discs?
    No. Most of them will not.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an LG 4040B and it can read and write all the current recordable DVD formats including DVD-RAM.
    Quote Quote  
  4. 1 tip on both m8

the Panasonic E50 writes to a DVD-R numerous times til disc is full over many sessions

the Philips on the other hand writes once to DVD+R , one session and yer discs gone
    Quote Quote  
  5. Scotsman

Not true. You can record on the Philips, remove the disk, then record again until the disk is full, the disk cannot be written to only after finalization (same as the Panasonic).

For compatability with PC burners, the Philips +RW is much better than the RAM format of the Panasonic.

PS - I have a Panasonic, PC comapatibility noty important to me.
    Quote Quote