VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Anyone here have a CUBE? The developer's support is poor and I haven't been able to discover the answer to this question: Why are tools like MediaInfo and GSpot unable to report the correct date/time of recording?

That doesn't preview...I'll try again using the Computer option instead of URL.

Click image for larger version

Name:	TimeStamps-CUBE-01.jpg
Views:	415
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	41836

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
  2. Maybe the device is set to the wrong current time and date.
    Quote Quote  
  3. There's a Settings.txt and a Time.txt on the device. Nothing seems wrong in either. And, as mentioned, somehow it is stamping the video with a correct date and (probably) correct time, not that 14 year old one!

I emailed the developer a couple of days ago, but no reply so far.

Terry, East Grinstead, UK
    Quote Quote  
  4. Ah, I see -- the name of the file includes the correct date and time. Maybe it's something stupid like the firmware always writes a fixed header and they never bother to update the date/time fields. Do all files show the same date and time there?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks jagabo.

The filename Test8Jun2017-1048.MOV was created by me. The time 10:48 was my judgement based on my assumption that the date stamped by the CUBE software was roughly correct. (I actually chose the slightly different 'Date Modified' value, as I use a program Bulk Rename Utility for changing large numbers of filenames.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	CropFromTest8Jun2017-1048.MOV.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	41844

I was unsure about that assumption, hence my post. A day or two on, I'm now crystallising my view that I can rely on that for CUBE videos. But I'm hoping to hear from other CUBE users to reinforce that.

And, for iPhone/iPad videos discussed in my parallel thread, I think I can rely on the 'quicktime' entry from MediaInfo.
    https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/383868-iPhone-iPad-movie-time-stamps#post2488024

I was looking for a no-brainer method of determining the correct local times for all videos (and photos), as I failed during a recent holiday in Italy to use the obvious one - taking occasional shots of my watch or a nearby clock!
    Last edited by terrypin; 9th Jun 2017 at 02:00.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just a quick question...does the video and audio section of the file show the same date? Is it always the same date?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by Budman1 View Post
    Just a quick question...does the video and audio section of the file show the same date? Is it always the same date?
    Yes, same date/time in audio section.
    Quote Quote