VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have 2 video files, one recorded on a GoPro and the other recorded on my smartphone. I would like to edit them into one, switching back and forth between scenes. However they are different formats. I use MPEG Video Wizard to edit my videos as I fond it easy to use.
    However it really struggles to even playback the lower video on the attached pic (titled Joined). Obviousley as they are different formats I will need to convert one or both to a more usable format. Can anyone offer any advice on how to acheive this and confirm what the actual format of both files is, as I am slightly confused....

[Attachment 47369 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
  2. If you joined in 2002 and posted 574 messages it's quite surprising that you still can't interpret the informations provided in this screenshot by yourself...
    And if you're really still using a computer based on an Athlon with 1GB of RAM, it's not surprising that it struggles to play 1920x1080 H.264 video !
    The file format is the same for both files (MP4 / H.264 / AAC), but the frame size and aspect ratio are different. If playback is really jerky in 1920x1080, perhaps resizing both videos to 1280x720 would help. To preserve the 1:1.87 aspect ratio of the first video, you would have to resize it to 1280x684 (796 / 1488 x 1280 ~ 684), with horizontal black borders, or you would have to crop it left and right to obtain a 16:9 ratio, by removing 36 pixels on each side to get a 1416x796 frame (796 x 16/9 ~ 1416), before resizing to 1280x720 – depending on what looks better, and whether there are important details on the sides, or if they're expendable.
    One information that is missing is the framerate, which would have to be matched as well ; "NTSC" is generally 29.97 FPS, or 59.94 FPS.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Post a mediainfo report on both files.
    SONY 75" Full array 200Hz LED TV, Yamaha A1070 amp, Zidoo UHD3000, BeyonWiz PVR V2 (Enigma2 clone), Chromecast, Windows 11 Professional, QNAP NAS TS851
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can see some of the differences in the files, but I am in no way as expert as most of the advisors on here, hence why I am asking for help as I'd like to get the best result possible.
    My PC has been replaced and is very capable of playing the format. MY ultimate goal is to be able to edit the two files into one, and using sections from both.

[Attachment 47384 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 47385 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Info 1.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	78.0 KB
ID:	47382  

Click image for larger version

Name:	info 2.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	47383  

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    For clarity you should post a full text-mode report direct as a reply not a screen grab.

And just how as DVDFab got in to the mix ?

My guess the issue, after you resize them as suggested, if that your editor of choice is not really suited for this work since it is primarily for mpeg1/2 not mpeg-4. Particularily high bit-rate mpeg-4. And it is not designed for multi cam.
    Quote Quote