VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    Here's the thing, I have this model JVC HM-DH30000U that I use to capture Vhs through the super video cable.
    Peoples bring me tapes here in the north of Brazil, where there are type of insects and fungus that love this magnetic, and it let the tape like the pic i sent. Then I have a long job to get it off the tape.

I have other good models of VCRs, but this D-Vhs is the one with the best image definition, so I use it more. The problem is that it seems the video stabilizer of it doesn't work well. I sent an example of a snippet from a tape that needed to be restored from the problem I mentioned.

Other models of VCRs that I have which are much lower than the D-Vhs, they have video stabilizers too but it work very well, and even though the tape is bad, it's don't let the video ''shaking''.

So.. Would this be a defect of this D-Vhs? It shouldn't make the video shaking, right? It own video stabilizer should do the function, right?

With good tapes it runs normally, without shaking, but only if I let the video stabilizer off.

Any practical and easy solution so I can solve this?

[Attachment 70510 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 70511 - Click to enlarge]

[Attachment 70514 - Click to enlarge]
    Image Attached Files
    Last edited by Litaiff; 25th Apr 2023 at 02:04.
    Quote Quote  
  2. I haven't used the DVHS models but this is a thing that happens on some types of tape issue with the TBC feature on the JVC SVHS decks at least (and also JVC dvd-recorders have this same reaction for that matter), in which case it's better to not use the TBC and use something else for stabilization instead. Not sure if there is any way to turn off the TBC function in this model though. Does turning on/off video stabilizer in the menu help?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by oln View Post
    Does turning on/off video stabilizer in the menu help?

Yes, it helps. I do this when the tape is completely smooth and without problems, but I have to leave it on after the tape has been treated and it was very battered, with scratches, etc.

So. leaving the stabilizer on, the tape doesn't make those ''long jumps'' but it does have that '' little shake'' that I showed there.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Capturing Memories dellsam34's Avatar
    Search PM
    Some of the JVC units due to age exhibit this frame jump behavior (or missing lines) due to aging capacitors, Try a capture from a cold state with TBC on and report back, If the problem is gone then you know you have to fix the line TBC board and/or the power supply. At least I know I have one that has this behavior and will be fixed later, A frame TBC cannot fix that problem.
    Quote Quote