VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Please let me know.
    Quote Quote  
  2. No.

But is your video really progressive? Sometimes people encode interlaced video as if it was progressive. Programs like MediaInfo report those videos as progressive. But you will see comb artifacts when you view the videos and they still need to be deinterlaced before upscaling.
    Last edited by jagabo; 13th Sep 2016 at 10:11.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Yes it's progressive as somebody encoded it as such. Forgot to mention but I'm trying to re-interlace it (don't ask why!). So it's progressive already, I'm then upscaling it and re-interlacing it. Do I still need to de-interlace before upscaling?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I added some caveats to my previous post.

Otherwise, you'll need to post a sample.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I can't post a sample as VidoeRedo won't edit the file. But it's definitely progressive as a friend encoded it. So it's progressive already, I'm then upscaling it and re-interlacing it. Do I still need to de-interlace before upscaling?
    Quote Quote  
  6. There's a difference between being encoded progressive or interlaced, and the video actually containing progressive or interlaced frames. You have to look at the video to verify the video does not contain interlaced frames (comb artifacts when in motion). If the frames are truly progressive you don't need to deinterlace before upscaling.
    Quote Quote