VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

I'm trying to burn the following DVD folder to a DVD+R DL disc using ImgBurn.

ImgBurn refuses to burn the disc because it cannot set a layer break. This is the error message.

Can anyone help me on how to perform the operation requested by ImgBurn.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Keyser; 2nd Sep 2017 at 12:38. Reason: Pictures were missing
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Apparently, the size of your DVD is very close to the max allowed and no cell boundary falls within the small window for a layer break to be applied.

You have 2 choices. One is to make the DVD smaller. The other is to create a new cell at the place mentioned. VobBlanker can split the cell for you. If done correctly it'll then allow ImgBurn to create a layer break.

Creating a new cell also creates a new chapter. If you have a menu (you don't seem to), you might have to redo some menu commands.

Here's a guide to splitting cells with VobBlanker:

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/splitting_cells/index.htm
    Quote Quote  
  3. i had this issue and i installed the latest nero and all has burnt fine everytime now
    Quote Quote  
  4. A Member since June, 2004 Keyser's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by manono View Post
    Apparently, the size of your DVD is very close to the max allowed and no cell boundary falls within the small window for a layer break to be applied.

You have 2 choices. One is to make the DVD smaller. The other is to create a new cell at the place mentioned. VobBlanker can split the cell for you. If done correctly it'll then allow ImgBurn to create a layer break.

Creating a new cell also creates a new chapter. If you have a menu (you don't seem to), you might have to redo some menu commands.

Here's a guide to splitting cells with VobBlanker:

http://download.videohelp.com/jsoto/guides/VobBlanker/splitting_cells/index.htm
    You're absolutely right! Looking closer to the offset numbers provided by ImgBurn, it's clear that both layer break limit points (upper and lower) fall within the same cell, which makes it impossible for ImgBurn to set the layer break.

It happens, like you said, because the image size is almost the maximum supported by the media. I never really thought of this.

So I did as you suggested and have redone the DVD 100 MB smaller and that did it!

As for the cell splitting guide, altough I didn't use it this time, I'm pretty sure it will be useful one of these days.

Thanks a lot.
    "The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist."
    Quote Quote