VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. How can I set the Blu Ray player code-free? I want to watch my old DVD series from the US
    thanks
    Rosalita
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Rosalita View Post
    How can I set the Blu Ray player code-free? I want to watch my old DVD series from the US
    thanks
    Rosalita
    Copy your DVDs to an external hard drive and plug that into your player. Only a small handful of hackable Blu Ray players
    have ever existed.
    Quote Quote  
  3. you mean to create a new disc to put in player?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    No. Most modern players have USB inputs to accommodate external hard drives and play the (decrypted) DVDs from there.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Bad advice. Blu-ray players play DVDs, but their built-in media players don't know how to play DVD ISOs or DVD file and folder structures stored on USB sticks or USB hard drives.

Most Blu-ray players media players can play individual VOB files copied from a decrypted DVD, although the VOBs won't play correctly in every case. However the manual for the Philips BDP2200/12 does not mention VOBs as playable files.

The manual for the Philips BDP2200/12 does indicate it plays MKV files containing MPEG2 video and various types of audio. Use MakeMKV to decrypt DVDs and copy the video into a MKV container. DVD audio and video in an MKV file should play from a USB stick, USB hard drive, or even a DVD.

It is also possible to decrypt and copy the DVD files and folders to a PC using a using a DVD decrypter, creating a region-free copy, and then burn the copied files onto a new DVD with ImgBurn or other good burning software.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 20th Sep 2016 at 11:51.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Rosalita View Post
    you mean to create a new disc to put in player?
    You can do that,
    But it not necessary
    You want to convert the DVD to another format mp4 or mkv etc..
    The media player in the BD player will play those files from a USB stick or external USB hard drive
    You do not have to create new DVDs , unless you want to
    Quote Quote