VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi,

I am a new forum user and wondered if anyone can help.

Just fitted a nec1300a (no software), I have an upto date version of Nero 5.5, but when it comes to writing to dvd data is saved to an image file on hard drive and thats it.

Do I need software for formatting the blank dvd discs first or could there be a problem with the drive.

Thanx
    Quote Quote  
  2. You don't need to format the blank media. Does the drive show up in Nero? I have a NEC ND-1300A and WinXP, Nero recognized it with no problems. You might have to select the NEC drive over your other drives. When I first installed my drive Nero defualted at first to my CD drive.

Does the drive show up in "My Computer"?

From Nero you should be writing to DVD-Video not DVD-data if you are Authoring a video. Then make sure you are writing to the disc and not making an ISO file.
    Quote Quote  
  3. drive shows in nero but says will only work on drive it was bundled with.

does this mean i need a new verion of nero, or is there any other software available to buy that does the same or better?
    Quote Quote  
  4. If it shows in Nero as a DVD drive then Im not sure what you could do?? Nero should work with all drives.
    Quote Quote  
  5. when i got my computer it had cd re-writer not a dvd re-writer, and the version of nero i have came with the computer.

when i try to access the dvd i get a message as follows:

not accessible.
    incorrect function

could this have anything to do with my problem?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Does the DVD drive work? Can it play DVD's and/or CD's? Maybe it needs drivers or something?
    Quote Quote  
  7. does everthing apart from writing to disk.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Sounds as though your Nero is for the original CD writer only - I've got 3 versions all of which will only work with the drive they were bundled with. You'll need to get a new copy to use the DVD writer. You could try e-mailing Ahead to see if you can get a (cheaper) upgrade/new serial as you already have a copy of the prog. Alternatively, try one of the free burners from the tools section on here.
    Life is what happens just when you've got everything planned.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Thanx will look into it
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When I purchased my 105 it came with it's own version of Nero. I already had it installed from the one that came with my Liteon CDRW. The problem was that which ever version I installed last dictated what drive I could use. I contacted Nero and was givin the information that I MIGHT qualify for a special upgrade price. That was all they told me and when you look on there site, you can't find it. I asked a couple more times and recieved no reply. I finally got some garbage about sending in the serial number from my current version, but niether came with one. The end result was they wanted me to pay for the retail upgrade. I just couldn't do as I could LEGALLY use this software for both of my drives. In the end, I said good bye to Ahead and Nero forever! (At least sending money to them)
    Quote Quote  
  11. doesnt win/XP have native writing support built in? Dont think it will do dvd-video but will write to a drive.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  12. THANX for all your help and suggestions, downloaded a burning program of the tools section.

Everything working OK now, will have to see about getting NERO 6
    Quote Quote