VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi!
    I have some mkv files wic has 1080p video and DTS audio. Since I don't have blueray burner and my PC won't play 5.1 channels, I am wondering if it is possible to make a dvd preserving the quality (1080p and dts).
    is it possible? I don't care if I should use 5 discs.
    I tried a guide to convert to blueray and burning to a DVD disc to be played on blueray player but the result was not good at all.

thanks a lot!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Yep, you can burn blu-ray/avchd video on a dvd. Try multiavchd. But it wont work on all standalone bluray players though.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Yep, you can burn blu-ray/avchd video on a dvd. Try multiavchd. But it wont work on all standalone bluray players though.
    yes. i doesn't work properly on mine. I don't know how to describe it but the result is something like images overlapping in the screen. ( burned it first at max speed and then burned it again at 4x which is the min my burner let me)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alc112 View Post
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    yes. i doesn't work properly on mine. I don't know how to describe it but the result is something like images overlapping in the screen. ( burned it first at max speed and then burned it again at 4x which is the min my burner let me)
    Images/Screen overlapping reminds me of a problem Ripbot had (or still has) when you try to play a 1080p video that wasn't true 1080p. Same with 720p. For example. 720p should be 1280x720, yet many videos will actually be something like 1280x680 or whatever.

So that's why whenever I get an .mkv that is not the full 720p or 1080p then I use ripbot to re-encode...which sux because that's many hours wasted. If the file size is under 8GB (DL) then I'll just use tsmuxer to author it to AVCHD to play on a DVD disc in my bluray. Tsmuxer doesn't cause the overlapping problem but Ripbot does.
    Quote Quote