VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello guys I have a couple of pal dvd's that I am wanting to change to ntsc format and I know about region free dvd players etc but I only have a few dvd's to do and it does not warrent me to get one. Ok I have some dvd's that are around 7.2 gb and would I get better quality if I rencode it to 4.3gb ntsc format then put on dvd or would I get better quality recoding it to 7.2 gb ntsc then shrink with dvd fab platinum? Which route would give me the better results? What I am using to encode is Tmpeg 4.3 xpress. Thanks for any help or suggestions.
    Eric
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I would re-encode it to ntsc once... shrinking it during the re-encode to fit on a single layer disc. Multiple encodes will degrade quality... best to do it only once.
    Even a broken clock is right twice a day.
    Quote Quote  
  3. That is what I was thinking that encoding it once then transcoding it would degrade it too much. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    You have to manually re-encode to get from PAL to NTSC so just make sure you use a bitrate calculator and use a bitrate during the re-encode that will allow the content to fit on a single layer DVD disc.

- John "FulciLives" Coleman
    "The eyes are the first thing that you have to destroy ... because they have seen too many bad things" - Lucio Fulci
    EXPLORE THE FILMS OF LUCIO FULCI - THE MAESTRO OF GORE
    Quote Quote