VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. SO I bought my Canon 7D, hate the audio, so I bought a Zoom h4n and plan to capture audio separate.

If I do so, will there be an issue with frame rate matching when I combine the H264 video and the audio in a time-line, and if so how do I deal with it?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    audio files don't have a framerate.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    audio files don't have a framerate.
    Precisely. Finally something you don't need to worry about.

BTW, there's a commercial plugin for Vegas and Final Cut which will automatically sync the separate audio track (from your H4N).
    "Quality is cool, but don't forget... Content is King!"
    Quote Quote  
  4. Mod Neophyte Super Moderator redwudz's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You could always use a clicker (Or a movie style clapper) to create a sync mark on the remote recorder audio and the video camera audio to make syncing easy. Works for the motion picture people.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Okay so if I am going to use the audio from the 7D to help match up my audio from h4N with video. Does the recording frequency have to be the same on the 7d and h4n...like 48 kHz? 24bit?

Thanks for your help. While we are at it can you guys answer this too........
    I want to set up scratch disks properly in CS5 Premier. Have a TB data Disk 320 GB Scratch disk and 200GB OS disk. WHen I open a project in Premier, i have the option to choose scratch set up. Am I to have the preview files go to scratch disks and the capture files go to my data disk? I am assuming that the capture files referred to are raw footage that I will always wan to keep and the preview files are rendered files that I can lose after a project is complete.....

I cannot find the answer to this basic set up question anywhere. There are so many darn folders created when working on a project, if I dont get a file handling systme set up from the start it's gonna be chaos...thanks
    Quote Quote