VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have such a computer and i wonder if it can fit in any modern cases with transparent sidepanels? This card should be BTX and them only support ATX. It is one thing more and that is that Dell uses it's own front panel so i don't think it can suit in other cases front panel cables?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    BTX cases haven't been made in a long time. Given that Dell has a history of using non-standard parts and layouts in its desktop PCs, I think that all you could do is add a window to your existing case.

I have to ask, why do you want to do this? People who buy windowed cases do it to show off their PC-building skills and the nice hardware or colorful lighting inside the case. I found a picture of what is inside the Dell Precision T3500 and it is not something that I would want to show off. Plus, you didn't build it.
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote  
  3. Thanks. I guess i will have to get another motherboard in Atx to fit in.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In case you don't know how to find a motherboard that will work with an Intel Xeon E5645... The correct socket (Intel Socket 1366) isn't enough. Support for Xeons is mostly restricted to workstation motherboards and high-end gaming motherboards. You need to look at the motherboard's CPU support list to confirm a Xeon E645 will work, and a BIOS update may be necessary to add support.

I found these: ASUS P6T WS Professional, ASUS P6T6 WS Revolution, EVGA X58 Classified3, EVGA X58 FTW3, and EVGA X58 SLI3. There may be others too.
    Last edited by usually_quiet; 11th Nov 2022 at 18:05. Reason: clarity
    Ignore list: hello_hello, tried, TechLord, Snoopy329
    Quote Quote