VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search PM
    With Corel Videostudio X10 making a project with photo's and videos. After putting everything on the timeline, when done, making a outputfile with mp4 video. Then displaying this video thru my Asus mediaplayer on the tv. The problem there is that some (many)oto's made with Android and Iphone are displayed with black bars at the side. Photo's made with a professional camera, a mirror camera, are displayed full screen, also in the same mp4 file.

How can i arrange that de photo's are displayed full screen on my HDTV 4K tv?
    Quote Quote  
  2. classic landscape and portrait mix of photos in mp4..
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by teodz1984 View Post
    classic landscape and portrait mix of photos in mp4..

I do not thinks so, because also the pictures with the Iphone or Samsung lying are not filling the whole tv screen?
    Quote Quote  
  4. iPhone photos are default 4:3. Interchangeable lens cameras usually 3:2, except micro four thirds. Neither is 16:9.

You need to zoom and/or crop.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search PM
    I have tried to put my canon 2000d in manual modus and set the aspect ratio to 16:9. Unfortunally there is no difference in output. Whe loading the photo's in Corel Videostudio X10, the black borders to the sides are displayed. So they will also be displayed on tv.
    When in videostudio selecting the photo and set in the options adjust to project and set the project to HDTV then the photo's are stretched so that's not a solution.

When i go on holiday and have hundreds of photos to display on screen how can i make it happen to see no borders on the tv, batch all the photos in a program to make them 16:9? but then i do not know which cuts the program makes.
    Videostudio cannot handle this sufficient enough or i do not know how.

I have seen more people who have this problem but not many..
    Quote Quote  
  6. Crop you photos to 16:9 before importing them into the editor.
    Quote Quote  
  7. It will be just worse.

We have so many aspect ratios - 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 18:9/2:1, new smartphones have 18.9:9, 19.9:9, or even 21:9 (Sony)!
    Some smartphones don't have the option to set 16:9 standard aspect ratio for videos.
    Of course, portrait orientation means, that you may have 10 photos with 10 different aspect ratios, from the same party / holiday, if just 5 people use 5 different ARs for landscape and 5 for portrait.
    Many people use portrait even for videos.

I think it's almost impossible to batch crop the photos, perhaps you could backup all photos, batch crop to fit your AR, then view the results in thumbnails view, manually select bad photos, crop and paste them to new folder and then use original photos from backup and crop these manually.

EDIT: Of course, crop the photos before importing them, the question is how - manually it will be slow, automatically it may be wrong, that's why I suggested to combine auto/batch and manual crop.

BTW the topic is in the wrong forum, "Software Playing".
    Last edited by Dreamer; 7th Apr 2019 at 08:10.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search PM
    Ok i get it. But with my Canon 2000d i Always shoot with automatic settings so it Always will be portrit or landscape not different. With the IPhone we switching between the two.

So what you say: can it be that photo's taken with the Canon are with the automatic settings landscape and portrait with different aspect ratio?

Manual cropping is not duable but autmatically crop means that i cannot see what part of the photo's the progrm is cutting…
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search PM
    Also what i do not understand is that videostudio makes an output file, lets say a h264 mp4 file which i display on my tv. Doesn't videostudio changes the resolution of the photo's according to the output file?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by surfertje View Post
    Also what i do not understand is that videostudio makes an output file, lets say a h264 mp4 file which i display on my tv. Doesn't videostudio changes the resolution of the photo's according to the output file?
    Yes probably true. The photo's are assumed to have 1:1 pixels, and are encoded accordingly.
    I don't think there is any shortcut, as you have stated yourself
    Quote Quote