VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by shekh View Post

... It looks like everything is working properly except you are using sub-optimal display (the video frames are read at proper rate and should be reaching output window, but for some reason this has no effect?).
    Check these recommended (by me) options: https://sourceforge.net/p/vdfiltermod/wiki/display/
    If you had "overlays" or "opengl" on this probably was related to issue.

Also it seems you are using either "Input display" or "Both panes". Try switching to "Output only".
    Main menu -> "View->Pane Layout->Output pane only"
    (1) I have never changed any settings in VD except in Properties>Compatibility - I have always changed the High DPI settings to "System" or "System(Enhanced)" because otherwise the text and buttons are too small on my 3840x2160 display.

(2) I don't even know what "overlays" or "opengl" are, Shekh

(3) I have changed 3 things in Preferences>Display, as per your suggestion - if you wouldn't mind checking?

(4) I have never changed the pane layout, but several weeks ago (even a couple of months?) I stopped seeing 2 panes, but this didn't make any difference to performance so I carried on happily with one pane.

(5) Before I saw your reply, I reverted to an old version that I used in February which I know was OK - that wouldn't work. I then 'installed' VirtualDub-1.10.4-AMD64 just to try, that wouldn't work at all and a popup said "No audio compressor could be found... ... (source format tag: fffe)"

================

LATER... ... ...

Having 'installed' 43382 and made the changes you suggested, I have now extracted 10 clips from a 4-hour file, then opened a second copy of VD and extracted 3 clips from a 1-hour file, and all is working as it should be.

But now I realise I'm using the February version still - unless you say that I must update, I shall continue using this version for as long as it works.

I cannot imagine how changes were made to my precious VD2, as I certainly did not make them. I am so grateful for your help, I was in despair.

I sincerely hope I don't have to turn to you again
    Quote Quote  
  2. > (2) I don't even know what "overlays" or "opengl" are

Nevermind, these are options I highlighted with red on screenshot. You have them disabled so it's ok.

You can stay with older version if is feels safe. What is the build number? You can see in Main menu->Help->About "Build 43xxx/Release ..."
    I suspect it is either 43364 or 43385. I'm curious because the big difference between them is the update of x264 encoder. This could have some big impact.

Don't be afraid to ask anything, I'll reply what I can.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You can stay with older version if is feels safe. What is the build number? You can see in Main menu->Help->About "Build 43xxx/Release ..."
    I suspect it is either 43364 or 43385. I'm curious because the big difference between them is the update of x264 encoder. This could have some big impact.

, the February one. It was an accident.

If I'm extracting clips to be joined up by another program, I use Fast Recompress. If I'm doing one clip to save for uploading to YouTube, I use x264 8 bit - H.264/MPEG-4 AVC codec to reduce the size, and also if filters are needed. (I started with the 10 bit but it wasn't friendly to other programs.)

Those two choices have been arrived at via trial & error over a period of time and I'm very satisfied.

If I start using the latest version of VD2 now, will I have to go thru and change the preferences again?
    Quote Quote  
  4. By running different versions of VD2 you cannot break the preferences. "x264 8 bit" also still uses same settings. Nothing to worry about here.
    It is correct to use x264 for youtube.

43382 had mistake which ruined "copy frame to clipboard", if I had way I would replace all downloaded 43382 with 43385
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM

43382 had mistake which ruined "copy frame to clipboard", if I had way I would replace all downloaded 43382 with 43385
    I remember that! I just shrugged and have been using a screenshooter instead ... but the copy (output) frame is best when speed is not an issue.

43385 now in use, boss

I think we're done!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just installed 44065 and find that all the filters are missing. I reverted to the previous version that I've been using for weeks/months and they're missing from there too.

DESPERATE, please help!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hi. You mean there is not a single filter, not even builtin crop?
    If you lost your additional filters it seems you deleted the files (filters are files in plugins32 or plugins64 subfolders).
    In that case you need to find them again.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for responding so quickly, Shekh.

The plugins files are all there:

(I've had a number of other problems lately, not related, maybe I'm so stressed I'm doing something silly?)
    Quote Quote  
  9. Yes What you see if you press "Add..."?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes What you see if you press "Add..."?
    Ohhhhhhhh !!! There they are !!!

Thanks so very, very much, Shekh
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've just installed 44220 (my previous version had a couple of crashes today while using filter previews)...

I cannot get the timeline to display TIME:

I can't do any work with frames only, must have HH MM SS - desperate !!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. What do you think 0:00:00.000 is?
    Quote Quote  
  13. It is not what you say but your position info frame is too small, part of text overflows to second line (partially visible). Is the main window maximized?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Use "(%h:%02m:%02s.%03t)"
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use "(%h:%02m:%02s.%03t)"
    This syntax is deprecated (not recognized).
    Since some version only %t can insert time.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by shekh View Post
    Originally Posted by jagabo View Post
    Use "(%h:%02m:%02s.%03t)"
    This syntax is deprecated (not recognized).
    Since some version only %t can insert time.
    I didn't realize that had changed.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thank you for trying to help, jagabo

Thank you, Shekh - I am so flustered today! It's fixed - I had forgotten to do the compatibility setting on this UHD screen, which I hate!

While messing around with the timeline settings I deleted the %p Picture - I don't know what it refers to and hope I haven't broken anything that will hit me in the face at some stage ???
    Quote Quote  
  18. %p - if it is not useful to you get rid of it.
    Interesting note on DPI override.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi there, Shekh!

Version 44282

I have just started using 44282 - it lost my timeline settings but I've overcome that by just using %t on its own, which gives me the time at the point the slider is on, plus the total time. It would have been nice to have "time remaining" as well, it would save me having to do maths

The big problem I have is with the slider, which is very faint in this version. I don't suppose I can embolden it, I'll have to wait for another version to be issued?

Example:

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi shekh, bug report here...

Sometimes there is a need to stack the resize filter. For example, when restoring an overscan.

In VirtualDub, this worked fine.
    In VirtualDub2, and even in VirtualDubFilterMod before, there is a problem, with green lines appearing.

See the attached images.
    And the .vcf was renamed .txt for upload.

For me, this is a huge problem. I have to do Avisynth or VirtualDub gymnastics, instead of using a straight-forward VirtualDub2 session. This is also a primary reason that I've not adopted VirtualDub2.
    Image Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bugreport-virtualdub-crop-ok.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	54780  

Click image for larger version

Name:	bugreport-virtualdub2-crop-bad.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	50.4 KB
ID:	54781  

Image Attached Files
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by clemenzina View Post
    Hi there, Shekh!

Version 44282

The big problem I have is with the slider, which is very faint in this version. I don't suppose I can embolden it, I'll have to wait for another version to be issued?
    The GUI has taken a long time to adjust in this version on my 3840x2160 display, but I have now got the "slider" more visible and do not need help on that problem.

I can manage with the timeline like it is with just %t, but it would have been nice to have "time remaining" as well as the progress time and total time.

I hope you are keeping well at this difficult time for the world, and thank you once again for supporting VirtualDub2, it's a great program.
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Cannot confirm this yet. Can you share the video sample? Also, are you running 32-bit version?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
    Cannot confirm this yet. Can you share the video sample? Also, are you running 32-bit version?
    It does this on every single video. I mostly work with Huffyuv files, but it's been a problem on everything from MP4/H.264 to MPEG. However, I can still upload a clip for you, if you think it will help..

Yes, this is the x86/32-bit version of VirtualDub2. I believe the behavior is the same on x64, but I can check if needed.

This behavior has existed since it was FilterMod.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  24. Better to have the sample, at least it eliminates the chance that all my samples are somehow different. Also please export the registry subtree HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VirtualDub.org - maybe something in settings is related.
    Quote Quote  
  25. coolgit
    I had this in plans but I'm sorry to tell the development is slowed down to zero.
    Quote Quote  
  26. What kind of development? Perhaps a list of ready made scripts can be cobbled in to txt fine that can do what vdub can't do would be easier. Noob like me could search through the txt file and hope there is something that works.

I have refined a script that worked. Could you assess it and suggest any refinement?

cheers
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search PM
    I am getting error 80044074 (audio buffer error) when saving an avi file.
    UT Video codec (lossless) + PCM audio.
    Now I will try to save in the mkv container and then in avi in some other codec.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ... ... ... I'm sorry to tell the development is slowed down to zero.
    I am horrified to read that if it means that VirtualDub2 will not work with Windows11 (which I don't yet have but presumably will have to "upgrade" to eventually).

VD2 is perfect for scanning very long mp4 files and extracting clips, I dread losing it. From what I have seen, there is no other editing program (even an expensive one) which would make the job as easy.

Grateful thanks for everything you've done, shekh.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by rgr View Post
    I am getting error 80044074 (audio buffer error) when saving an avi file.
    UT Video codec (lossless) + PCM audio.
    Now I will try to save in the mkv container and then in avi in some other codec.
    Further information:
    It seems that if we load the file (e.g. mp4), then append another mp4 file, save it as a project, then re-load this project - then when saving as avi we will get this error (additionally the sound at the moment of joining will be damaged).
    I will check it more carefully and let you know.
    Quote Quote