VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I tried to burn a backup of Syriana using DVD Decypter and encountered a problem with the source window display. Instead of Sony DVD/RW DRU-710A as my source, there was a set of encypted numbers and letters that look like a mathamatical equation. The DVD Decyter page failed to respond. I hit ctrl alt delete to clear the problem and found that my drive was no longer listed on My Computer page. Is this a new ripguard that's designed to cause problems with your computer? I also tried to play the disc using Windows Media Player and was told to change my region code from 1 to 2 before it could play the disc. I know for a fact that the disc is a region 1 disc and had no problem playing it on my Sony DVD player. What's happening here?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    your drive is not installed correctly. have you recently changed it, or swapped drives or something? go to device manager and uninstall it & restart your computer.
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  3. The drive is installed correctly. I just finished burning another disc and had no problems. Just for the heck of it I tried the Syriana disc again and the same thing happen.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well thats very strange. (have you recently changed that or another drive on the same bus? my thought was a wrong jumper.) now it sounds like a bum disc.
    I am just a worthless liar,
    I am just an imbecil
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had the same thing happen, although I was using Any DVD and Clone DVD to make the backup (okay, so I'm being lazy) and didn't get a "mathmatical equation" though there was an error. The system actually locked up on me and I had to reboot. After that, I didn't bother to try Syriana again. A day later when I tried to backup another disc, the drive was no longer showing under My Computer and I had to re-install it. I don't remember that ever happening before. I would be curious to hear if anyone else experienced the same problem with Syriana.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I backed up Syriana last week with no problems. DVDFabDecrypter to DVDShrink. I always do a "movie only" backup.
    Quote Quote