VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

I did 3 transfers of 3 Mini-DVs recorded in HDV PAL with my Sony HDR HC-9 camera.
    With the first Mini-dv, the complete transfer (1 hour) was executed in HDVSplit, but once it was finished, there was a .m2t file of 80mb and 20 seconds long when opened in VLC, but in detail of the file it indicates that it lasts 2 minutes.
    The second Mini-DV also transferred 1 hour and gave a correct result, with a .m2t file of 11gb and one hour long both in detail and when opened with VLC.
    But the third Mini-dv failed again, different this time from the first Mini-dv, because the .m2t file weighs 11gb but in detail and when opened with VLC it only marks a duration of 2 minutes.

Does anyone know what these mistakes are due to? I'm sure the Mini-DVs are fully recorded.
    I am using the HDV Split configuration without checking "Scenes split".

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    as with DV, the settings for the entire tape are set according to the first thing played. if the camera had been stopped and any changes made in the settings, then any scenes recorded after the first one may not transfer correctly. try recording with scenes split and start the recording of each different scene at it's beginning not the beginning of the tape.

also make sure the camera hadn't been switched to record to tape in DV instead of HDV, in which case the tape would have to be transferred with winDV not HDVsplit.
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aedipuss View Post
    as with DV, the settings for the entire tape are set according to the first thing played. if the camera had been stopped and any changes made in the settings, then any scenes recorded after the first one may not transfer correctly. try recording with scenes split and start the recording of each different scene at it's beginning not the beginning of the tape.

also make sure the camera hadn't been switched to record to tape in DV instead of HDV, in which case the tape would have to be transferred with winDV not HDVsplit.
    Thanks for answering.

I understand what you say, and one of the Cassette if started in HDV and then changed to DV, so I solved it easily by recording from the change to DV with Scenalizer.

But the weird thing is that there are other only HDVs that I transfer with HDVSplit, 1 hour cassette but I get an 11gb file with supposed 4 seconds of duration, but that when playing it and ending the 4 seconds the video continues correctly as corresponds to the original 1 hour video, that is to say that it does not last 4 seconds but 1 hour as it should be. But for some reason the transferred video file comes with that error. The information exist and it shows in the weight of 11gb, in addition to that when reproducing it you can see it. But the archive its corrupt.

I don't understand what may be causing this error. I am forced to replay the tape and it is a lottery whether I get a good file or not.

[Attachment 62121 - Click to enlarge]
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    all i can suggest is to always start playing the individual file on the tape you want to transfer before clicking record on HDVsplit. it doesn't matter if it's the first file or the 1000th file, record them individually. some camera operators had no clue...
    --
    "a lot of people are better dead" - prisoner KSC2-303
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried what you told me but I still get files with errors.
    I am using Adobe Premiere Pro 2021 and I already have 10 Cassettes with no problem when capturing. It requires more PC resources but is more secure.
    Quote Quote