VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I am looking to have two videos playing in VLC, but in th same window, horizontally one above other, is this possible? I know how to get VLC to open two videos at the same time and play both videos but they are in different windows. Is it possible in the one window?

All help is much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by 123catty456 View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can help me, I am looking to have two videos playing in VLC, but in th same window, horizontally one above other, is this possible? I know how to get VLC to open two videos at the same time and play both videos but they are in different windows. Is it possible in the one window?

All help is much appreciated!

Thank you!
    Bump,
    I'm Looking for a similar answer.
    Also @123catty456, If you could provide information or a link to information about two videos at the same time in two windows I would appreciate that too.
    TIA Folks.
    Quote Quote  
  3. It's not possible in VLC as far as I know.

It's possible to stack two videos horizontally or vertically with AviSynth:

Code:
    v1=AviSource("video1.avi")
    v2=AviSource("video2.avi")
    StackVertical(v1,v2)
    VLC doesn't accept AviSynth scripts but some other players do -- MPCHC for example.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Jagbo,
    Thanks for the reply
    I am checking out Kinovea at the moment.
    http://www.kinovea.org/
    Looks like a pretty good Analysis tool.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi thanks for the replys,

@Bud to get the two videos open at one time go into tools>preferences> in the bottom left of the preferences window select "All" under "show settings">UNselect the option "allow only one running instance". That should work, sorry I cant find the link where I found that information.

Thanks Jagbo for your reply also, what I have is one video recorded on my basic compact camera, and a data file of resuts recorded in DEWEsoft 7.0.3, just wondering do you know would AviSynth support that?

thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  6. actually do ye know is it possible to convert at .3gp file into an .avi file?

thank you!
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by 123catty456 View Post
    Thanks Jagbo for your reply also, what I have is one video recorded on my basic compact camera, and a data file of resuts recorded in DEWEsoft 7.0.3, just wondering do you know would AviSynth support that?
    Since AviSynth is script driven it pretty much supports anything. The question is how much time you're willing to spend learning how to use it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi thanks for the replys,

@Bud to get the two videos open at one time go into tools>preferences> in the bottom left of the preferences window select "All" under "show settings">UNselect the option "allow only one running instance". That should work, sorry I cant find the link where I found that information.
    123catty456,
    Thanks for that. I also unchecked the "One instance when started from file." as starting two videos from "Media>Open File had the two files run linearly in the same window rather than opening two windows. Right click any video file and select "Play with VLC Media Player" gets a separate window for each video file playing.

Bud
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    actually do ye know is it possible to convert at .3gp file into an .avi file?
    Ye ?!?

If thou wilt but download yon program named Xvid4PSP, open thy2GP file and settest output options as thou wilt, lo! Thy AVI conversion file shall appear anon.
    Quote Quote  
  10. ha thanks jman98!
    I saw a few of those programmes just didnt know which one to use or trust!
    thanks for the reply

@Bud, I have unticked that one too, but when I go into selecting the two videos that way they play them one after the other in the same window, is that what happens you?
    thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by 123catty456 View Post
    @Bud, I have unticked that one too, but when I go into selecting the two videos that way they play them one after the other in the same window, is that what happens you?
    thanks!
    That's what happens for me. VLC builds a play list (you can see it with View -> Playlist) and plays the videos sequentially. A single instance of VLC can play two videos at the same time in two windows if they are muxed together as separate streams in a single file.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thanks!
    @123catty456,
    When I select any number of videos through the VLC "Media>Open File" tool all videos play one after another.
    When I select or highlight Multiple videos in Win Explorer, right click and select either Add to VLC Media Player's Playlist or Play with VLC Media Player I get two VLC windows playing simultaneously.

Also I would Highly Recommend ImTOO Video Converter Ultimate for video file conversion and or clipping. Very lightweight and fast for me with loads of output options.Basically almost any video in to almost any video out. You can try 3 minute or lass video conversions for free indefinitely without any watermarking but the program and customer service is well worth the small price.
    Quote Quote  
  13. yes, you can do multiple play video also by VLC

Just go to Tools -> Preferences -> find tab SHOW Settings, change to ALL from Simple -> then uncheck the box "One instance when started file"

then there you go for the multiple windows view.

B.R,
    Albert Tan
    Last edited by Baldrick; 28th Jun 2013 at 15:38. Reason: Linking to your own site is not okey in your first post.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Holy crap - one of the rare instances when a new person joined us, dug up an old thread, and actually had something useful to add to it. Thanks alberttis!
    Quote Quote  
  15. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    But that solution is already in the thread https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/350198-Playing-two-videos-simultaneously-in-the-sam...=1#post2196738 . Open several instaces of vlc.

But you still can't open two videos in SAME window.
    Last edited by Baldrick; 28th Jun 2013 at 15:45.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    But that solution is already in the thread?
    Oops. You are right.

However, what you said is NOT a question. As a non-native speaker please do not let yourself be fooled by the idiocy on the English speaking internet that has now decided that any time a person is puzzled or confused it makes a sentence into a question. English doesn't really work that way. Once we lose the foreign speakers to this nonsense, it's game over for sanity. I feel sorry for future generations of foreign students learning English as a foreign language who will be told that just because a sentence has a question mark in it, it may not really be a question and sentences that don't have question marks but begin with "question words" may actually be questions.

It's only a matter of time before schools around the English speaking world give up and recognize the following nonsense as being correct in terms of punctuation:
    How are you. I bet we haven't seen each other in at least 5 years? What have you been doing since then.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Fixed. .
    Quote Quote  
  18. You can use AK-Player its free media player and they design it for doing that.

It also zoom in the videos and provide you with a playlist for each open video.

Fre more http://www.FreeMediaPlayerDownload.org

To open several videos just drag and drop any video to the interface and you can open as many videos as you want.

Have fun
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Sweety8877336 View Post
    You can use AK-Player its free media player and they design it for doing that.

It also zoom in the videos and provide you with a playlist for each open video.

Fre more http://www.FreeMediaPlayerDownload.org

To open several videos just drag and drop any video to the interface and you can open as many videos as you want.

Have fun
    Spam, spam, spam, spam .....

The font is a particularly stupid touch ...
    Quote Quote  
  20. For who are interested to read more about AK Player which designed to open several videos on screen here are some press relese I found also download.com/cnet revied this software

Here is the last PR I published*
    http://www.prweb.com/releases/free-mediaplayer-download/akplayer/prweb9822121.htm

Cnet network (Download.com)
    http://download.cnet.com/AK-Player/3000-2139_4-10557250.html
    Quote Quote  
  21. There seems to be an even better free program out there called Awesome Video Player (http://www.awesomevideoplayer.com). It supports playing up to 16 videos simultaneously at once and does a good job arranging the video views for you. Their website looks pretty cool and it's free. I'm having fun using it.
    Quote Quote  
  22. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by timevision View Post
    There seems to be an even better free program out there called Awesome Video Player (http://www.awesomevideoplayer.com). It supports playing up to 16 videos simultaneously at once and does a good job arranging the video views for you. Their website looks pretty cool and it's free. I'm having fun using it.
    I thought you were just another spammer...but it looks like an useful player for viewing videos simultaneously so I added a AVPlayer mirror.

Virustotal scan:
    Installer:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/4c352c10aa365e4c6a94e145f1bbc0128ca56e47e92604a4ee0...is/1456820553/
    AVPlayer.exe:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e37ba60dbd26659631cb90456e16284543db214c98f581b3b49...is/1456821307/
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    What's up guys. New user. Apologies if I'm waking a sleeping beast or anything. I'm aware this thread is 1809 days old. Feel free to shame me for bringing back old headaches.

I've been looking for a solution to this issue for a few weeks now and I've only come up with crumbs when I need a cake.

I've never heard of AVP until just now and tried it out. It has an insanely simple layout (actually too simple for anything advanced), but the design is extremely sleek and clean. Unfortunately I don't see where it supports playing RTSP streams which is my final goal.

I've come CLOSE with VLC (I'll share the batch file code that I've got so far) but I cant get the resolution of the videos to display right. I'm currently utilizing two demo RTSP streams of "Big Buck Bunny" from two different sources at two different bitrates, so I can tell the difference between the two.

Here's the VLC "Mosaic"(not actually using the mosaic protocols) / MultiView that I got to display somewhat decently, I just want the videos to be bigger. I want each video to take up about half of my screen.

Code:
    cd \Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\
    start vlc rtsp://184.72.239.149/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_175k.mov --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --video-x=1 --video-y=1 --width=683 --height=384 --video-on-top --rate=.5
    TIMEOUT /T 1 /NOBREAK

cd \Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\
    start vlc rtsp://wowzaec2demo.streamlock.net/vod/mp4:BigBuckBunny_115k.mov --no-video-deco --no-embedded-video --video-x=684 --video-y=1 --width=683 --height=384 --video-on-top --rate=.5
    TIMEOUT /T 1 /NOBREAK
    Have any of you guys discovered anything helpful in the last 1809 days?

Thanks in advance for any help and I look forward to seeing what else is going on around here.

-JohnnyTries
    Quote Quote