VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. What's the latest Chrissyboy on svcd2dvd V2? I am so excited to see the pic's of it and can't wait any more for its release. I feel like a little kid in a candy store. How about releasing a beta to all with the understanding it has bugs/issues and UAYOR (Use At Your Own Risk). Don't get me wrong, I have found NOTHING better than svcd2dvd, but when svcd2dvd gets a make over and the author is stating improvements/enhancements, well............I WANT IT!! I WANT IT!! Can't wait...

Laters.....
    Reno
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I was thinking about this last night. I think I am quite close to having a public beta. A few points remain:

I have one or two things I need to release to the current beta testers for them to check (RE: the new avi encoding 8)).

On the whole the beta testing has gone well. Many fixes have been made - along with a few suggestions added. One thing that has come to light is that as v2 is radically different to v1.5 even some of the seasoned users struggled to get started.... Thus, whilst I did some flash (swf) movies of the new process, I think a more detailed help/tutorial is required b4 it goes out to the public. I shall ask the beta testers for a volunteer…

I also need some pukka icons! Anyone with any experience in this area (deviantART people for instance) drop me a line.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Also maybe some of the current betatesters could comment on where they think v2 is in terms of stability etc.
    Quote Quote  
  4. done another 10+ conversion the other day its been 100% stable for me since almost day 1 of release , few things to be added but definatly worthy of a general beta release

gonna check out avi encoding next

thanx for the good work

a very happy svcd2dvd v2 beta tester
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    v2 is very cool. There are some crashes I cannot put my hand on, but for stabillity it's almost ready for a public beta.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I tried last day with 3 avi (Xvid) movies (23,976 fps) that I converted to SVCD mpeg files with TMPGenc adding subtitles, and SVCD2DVD beta didn´t started (Chris said he was checking about).
    Then I tried the latest beta SVCD2DVD_2_BETA_1(build 2.0.1728.34784) and process finished well. I liked the new way for creating menus.
    Now I will test the AVI part, as I have new avi files.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Avi's that i've tried work great.. Takes a while but i've lost a dimm so only running at 256mb, must say though, its faster than most of the other converters as well, quality is ok as well, job well done chris

Also must say its been pretty stable for me since last update.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On the AVI encoding: Do you think that instead of having the "tool", avi's should be just another type of asset, which get processed as normal?

I the next build i hope to have two quality modes: Good (the current) & Best (a LOT better but slower)....

FYI: The encoding is about 20% quicker than real time in Good mode & about 20% longer than real time in Best.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Good idea Chris, maybe avi´s should be another file type for asset processing (and also maybe you can add a way to add subtitles to the movies for both mpeg and avi assets depends on our files).
    Quote Quote  
  10. I've processed 8 avi's with V2. All worked great except one. Very good quality I might add. On the one that didn't process correctly, I intentionally put a blank space in the file name to see what would happen. It actually created the mpeg but failed to generate the dvd folders. Would it be possible to add syntax where spaces or obsolete characters default to underline? Also, with avi2dvdmpg I've only processed one file at a time. is it possible to create two at the same time? On that note being as an asset, one could add multiple avi's for processing. On one of the avi's processed with avi2dvdmpg, I joined 2 700 meg avi's with virtualdub and the final dvd folder came out to 3300+ mb.

Overall, A great tool, quick and easy.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    On the AVI encoding: Do you think that instead of having the "tool", avi's should be just another type of asset, which get processed as normal?

I the next build i hope to have two quality modes: Good (the current) & Best (a LOT better but slower)....

FYI: The encoding is about 20% quicker than real time in Good mode & about 20% longer than real time in Best.
    Yep good idea to implement them as an asset.

The option of good and best is also a great idea.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Any of you betatesters up for the tutorial/help file job?
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I don´t have a good english, but if you need help.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    It is a great piece of software, i like the menu making where it all snaps into a grid and the proggress bar when the dvd is being created.
    Could we have a stop button, i started converting a wrong file by mistake and couldnt stop it.
    Also i agree with making AVIs an assett rather than a seperate tool
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stop button is possible.
    Quote Quote  
  16. would it be possible to add more then one avi to be processed, just got afilm with two avi's.

Tried it anyway and its adding the 2nd avi to the vobs ok as VTS_02_1.VOB etc.

although it is the same film, would be nice to add as one film.

All in all i aint had any problems with the new beta so far.
    Quote Quote  
  17. How can i become a beta tester ? i use this program acouple of times aday easy. lmk Chris. im dying for a newer version where i can make better menus.
    Quote Quote  
  18. I'll give it a shot too Chrissyboy. I am not no expert, I am still trying to figure out neroburner, but I will give you an honest input on ease and use.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather...not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'll be working on some documentation next week. Thereafter the public beta will be released.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Will we be allowed to install both the ver 2 beta as well as keep 1.51.2.0 installed? Also, does this version convert most avi's? like divx, xvid regular avi's? If so how fast compared to tmpg does it encode?
    Quote Quote  
  21. when is v2 coming out chrissyboy
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by HighDesert
    Will we be allowed to install both the ver 2 beta as well as keep 1.51.2.0 installed?
    Yes the version will co-exist.

Also, does this version convert most avi's? like divx, xvid regular avi's?
    It will convert most avi's, but sure there will be some it can't...

If so how fast compared to tmpg does it encode?
    I think it is a lot faster than TMpegEnc, although i have not compared the two. Maybe the beta testers have?

swanseabay: First public beta will be out next week if i can finish some documentation (wife, kids, footie, beer, work permitting)
    Quote Quote  
  23. keep up the good work,one hell of a pogram,use it all the time cant wait for v2
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could we have a way of removing assets from the vts section, i added some mpgs and put the wrong ones in and then i couldnt remove them, so i had to start again.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Just drag & drop them on the trash can on the Movies Window.
    Quote Quote  
  26. any sign of v2 chrissy or demo of v2
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm hoping by Monday v2 beta for registered users will be there.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote