VideoHelp Forum

Poll: I've done over 5 DVDRs and my success rate with SVCD2DVDMPG+ is

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the taking the time to run some tests. Sounds its getting there! Speed is the single most important thing to me as a User so rest assured it will continue to improve.

CB
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  2. colcam
    The software has been downloaded, installed, registered, updated and tested. It all went like a dream.

For your info, I've been successfully using SVCD2DVD to convert old VCD films to create DVD+R media for some time now. I get 3 films to a disc (sometimes 4). I've done over 30 films with no problems. No coasters. Very happy.

My brother will be using SVCD2DVD to produce DVD+R media from home video captured from a Canon MV500i DV camera using Pinnacle Studio 8. The edited results will be held as MPEG files (DVD quality format). Using small samples, I've successfully tested this approach all the way through to burned DVD's. At least when my brother hits problems (and he will, given his track record) I will know what he's been using - and trust it too.

The DVD's have been burned by Nero Express (version 5) on Arita 4x DVD+R media using a NEC 1100A writer. The writer has been used as an internal IDE device and also in an external USB 2.0 bay. No problems with software, media or hardware.
    Quote Quote  
  3. -=lee=-
    SVCD2DVD+ 100% all of the time apart from sorting out the sync probs, a bit of sweaking sorted this prob out..

all ok with system: p4 2.6 512meg ram.. pioneer 105 -R 4x riteks and nero6

added update: I would like to add txt to the added image inc. the play movie button text..!
    Quote Quote  
  4. ejd
    SVCD2DVD 1.5 - I have burned 3 dvds with 3 movies each converted from mpeg1 format, all successfully.

Only movie has audio out of sync with video. Now does one fix this? What is "sweaking"?
    Quote Quote  
  5. ejd
    Sorry, previous messsage was:

Only movie has audio out of sync with video. Now does one
    fix this? What is "sweaking"?

but should have been:

Only one movie has audio out of sync with video. How does
    one fix this? What is "sweaking"?

Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  6. tDuckster
    I am 1005 satisfied with this product.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by ejd
    Sorry, previous messsage was:

Only movie has audio out of sync with video. Now does one
    fix this? What is "sweaking"?

but should have been:

Only one movie has audio out of sync with video. How does
    one fix this? What is "sweaking"?

Thanks.
    There is a sticky topic about audio out of sync. You can find solutions in there.
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
  8. Turn
    I have had 100% success with this very simple program. The Only issue I have had is audio sync, but that may be down to another proigram I use to change the DVD to SVCD. I can only tell you it was the best £10 I spent (apart from a £10 I loaned to someone I didn't like and never saw again )
    Quote Quote  
  9. never had a problem from the start until today and i just updated to latest version and everything is smooth again.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Zippy_UK

this program is the MUTTS NUTSS

a few lipsync problems but hey... great work, great program, well worth my money

i would say 95% success rate and the fastest convertor of dvds ive ever seen,, without losing quality and its dam FAST,, 2 discer in 11 mins

great job buddy

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have not had one work unfortunately.. due to the pioneer drive, it always makes the image on the left hand side of the screen.. wish i could get it working... im very dissapointed.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by freemchr
    I have not had one work unfortunately.. due to the pioneer drive, it always makes the image on the left hand side of the screen.. wish i could get it working... im very dissapointed.
    Read this for your problem
    Greatings,
    Yf
    Quote Quote  
  13. bekim
    Love it I give it a 100% great software. I just donated, before that I was using the trial SW.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Personally I would just like to say that im totally delighted. After weeks of pulling my hair out posting till my fingers were bleeding. concerning the fact that no matter what i tried i could not get my vcd's converted to dvd without terrible audio sync problems.

Chrissy boy and his wonder program and the sure fire guide by DVDMizer
    . I can finally sleep tonight knowing that I have finally found the solution.

So a big thanks to you guys........ :P
    No program is idiot proof! I can prove it :-)
    Quote Quote  
  15. I've done now about 40 or so without failure. ONE had a sync problem but when I went back to the original file that also had a problem so no points lost there.

For perfection I just wish the problem with some DVD's showing only a small film to the left of the screen could be sorted.

Best mates player does that so the one person who you really want to be able to do films for is the only one who can't watch em,,,,,,,,,,,LOL
    Quote Quote  
  16. For now, i can say i have a success rate of sth like 90% just two movies didnt work well. Multiplexing and muxing was done but the final VTS wasnt created. Checked the source files and these seemed kinda weird so thumbs up for this great tool.
    Since I'm now a registered user SVCD2DVD also runs faster!
    Man I can say that this is the best invested money for a long time in a piece of software.

The only thing that can be done better is the DVDMenuMaker, but most things are already on Chrissyboys toDo list (grid, align, multiline movie titles, additional Text header) the one that are not (I think) are Menu background music and own buttons (coz i mostly draw sth like movie covers on the Background)

Thank 1000 times for this great tool

Toneman
    Quote Quote  
  17. sure this is all fine and dandy, but what about for dvd players that aren't svcd compliant. I been searching these threads, and I must suck at searching because I can't find my answer. Too bad this program doesn't have a encoding option to encode. Should I encode my svcds to vcds? Or how should i encode them?
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Got to agree 99% sucess rate with this programe so simple to use and excellent results Well done ! been a long time since I could just pop a movie on a disc in a matter of 20 mins one click and done

Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I've converted well over 500+ avi's to svcd and dvd as well. A super program been using it for awhile now. My personal sucess rate is around 90% too.
    Keep up the good work.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I've fed SVCD2DVD with several different vcd/svcd's over a long period and ive gotta say that this program is an absolute wonder.

As far as i can remember there has been only one that didn't work properly (sync problems).

The BEST App i have EVER used.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Not had any luck in getting any of my conversions to work. Will try again this weekend using an AVI and convert that to mpeg and try that way. tried doing 13 episode mpegs of a tv series, no luck. Did 4 for one DVD and the program ran all night but failed. Tried 1 of the mpeg's same problem

Sure this program is excellent, I registered and am sure with someones help sort my conversions issues out, soon hopefully.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Drop me an email & I'll take a look at your problem.
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Drop me an email & I'll take a look at your problem.
    Will do in the next ten minutes, will attach the log of my last failed attempt.

Cheers
    Gerry
    Quote Quote  
  24. I have 100% success rate......burning 3 svcd's on to 1 dvd with svcd2dvd.
    Excellent prgram....Excellent excellent program nothing like it out there...
    Biggest thing is just because a release group doesn't get the release nuked...doesn't mean the encoding process went smoothly for them.

In other words you will only get out what you put in. If the svcd is everything it is suppose to be svcd2dvd works magnificantly. Everytime I have a problem converting with svcd2dvd you can count on Tmpgnc,
    main concepts and almost any other video encoding software having a probelm with it also.

I am never in a hurry and convert all files to same assets but really no need to. I give it a
    Quote Quote